Spatulas or speedskims

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! They look mint I've just got a new set of speed skims through the door today, but looking at the eze spat might send them back they look like a cross between the s*p*r*lex spat from refina and a speed skim. are they light? And just out of curiosity do you think they would be any good for a one coater, onto board obviously. Thanks

Not in my opinion but I suppose it depends on how you use it I've had to sand mine down because dont like the ridges and this has made it more flexible anyway but I only use it for a quick second flatten gives me a bit more time to prep my next gage or clean up.ive rounded the corners off slightly as we'll,I found it was takeing gear off the wall anyway because you can't get it as flat to the Wall as you would a trowel so I have to wait till second flatten just so the gears not too wet.so I take it you use the speed skim what is your approach to using would be very interested to hear your take on in nice one
If you've sanded down the ridges,, you've just buggerd up the particle vibration
Science ..:rolleyes)

the ridges are to evenly re-distribute the plaster and to stop it falling off the blade:RpS_thumbup:

How flat to the ceiling do you have to have the blade have all the ridges suppose to touch the plaster,oh ye and what's partial vibration all about!Lol could you explain it to me plz that's the third time I've heard it. Thanks

Hold it so the first 3 ridges touch the plaster, then next 2 ridges produce the" particle vibration"..:RpS_thumbup:
hence reducing the moisture draw to the face of the plaster, and keeping the equilibrium moisture content in check.:RpS_thumbup:
therefore doubling your meterage output.

Refina leon

Hi Leon why don't refina make a eagle grip s*p*r*lex spatula? Would be more comfortable and easier to spatch with than your h frame one

Thinking about investing in a 600/1200 speedskim guys.

As I understand it you get straight on it to flatten multi, I can't help thinking that just takes too much off. Please set my mind at rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.