Spat recommendations

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do yes, Marshy does too
If your up 4 it bigk i could take a drive up to u some time soon if you're skimming and have a play about with the eze spat. I could take the speedskim so you can have ago of it. I see u use the nela. Ill take the refina s*p*r*lex so we can see what is best.
What is your first name. Am f**k**g useless with names. Am keith lol

Sounds like a great idea Keith!! Will be skimming near Bray in a couple of weeks, that would be ideal as its a bit closer to you, ( about 45 mins from drogheda)
Sounds like a plan!!!
Kieran btw!!

The school cieling looks ropey as fuuck !!!

2 lads on it done by 2 ??

Not trying to sound a pest but my god 2 good lads would skim it by 10.30 and it would look like marshys pic.

Without speeds spats and steps haha !!

1 decent lad with a labourer would skim it by 11.30.

Sounds like a great idea Keith!! Will be skimming near Bray in a couple of weeks, that would be ideal as its a bit closer to you, ( about 45 mins from drogheda)
Sounds like a plan!!!
Kieran btw!!
Am up for it kieran. Bray is just one hour from me.

I couldnt help but look at that ceiling again......I bet the lads were saying....."kids wont know any different" .

Sounds like a plan!!!
Kieran btw!!
Kieran are u skimming in bray yet.

I've been on the Eze for probably a year now I think. Wouldn't be without it now when you get the timings down it's a great tool.

Spat recommendations
Spat recommendations

On plasterboard work they are fantastic but bit more method required over artex etc each job is different the more you use it the more you adapt

@el_indio you wont regret it but ive been using them over 12 months now so you will need to find your feet as it were. @BigK got used to his now but get in touch if you need any help?? Where are you based?? If not toofar away from me i'l come and show you first hand if you like? Id not charge you mate but a bacon buttie and brew would be most welcome lol
Yer a bloody lovely lad Greg ;)

I hate my speed skim only because I can't get used to using the piece of s**t lol x
I hate them but believe the new blades are a massive improvement to be fair ?? Im quite set in my ways no pun intended and the eze is brilliant end of. As i say any of you guys who are not to far from me am more than happy to visit and show/help you just how good they are :birra: will cost a few beers or gin mind lol

These spats are fine for finishing if you have a completely flat plasterboard ceiling. If you don't which in my case is 99% of the time then they are a complete waste of money.

These spats are fine for finishing if you have a completely flat plasterboard ceiling. If you don't which in my case is 99% of the time then they are a complete waste of money.
Thats bollox pal adjust your method accordingly !! I admit on some overskims over artex and the ceiling is pissed a final trowel will be required as my smallest spat is 600mm

I hate them but believe the new blades are a massive improvement to be fair ?? Im quite set in my ways no pun intended and the eze is brilliant end of. As i say any of you guys who are not to far from me am more than happy to visit and show/help you just how good they are :birra: will cost a few beers or gin mind lol
I may give this eze ago soon I got the speed skim with the blue blade? Thanks for the offer the is done kindness in the world lol.

Lads ,
out of the 3 is there much difference? going to take the plunge :)

.EZE is £82 with pole (800) https://www.gypsumtools.com/eze-spats.html
Speedskim is £50 with attachment (1200) https://www.gypsumtools.com/eze-spats.html
Refina is £90 with pole (800) https://www.gypsumtools.com/refina-skimming-spatula.html

the speedskim is near half the price and AFAIK you can use any decorating pole?

out of the 3 is the EZE what you would all recommend?
And if you damage the edge can you get a replacement blade?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.