Sourcing Plaster....

Latest update, powder is at 100%, more than before the lockdown and more than last year at this time. Hopefully the folk buying it up and selling it for profit get the just desserts and you lot can get back to work.

you seriously expect us to swallow that statement 100% more than lockdown and churning out more than last year there,s a nasty smell about the place.

Had another ask why quote was so expensive is it because of corona etc and if so we are happy to wait a few months,I said no mrs,your price is the price and its valid until end of year,I said corona makes no difference to price of plaster for me as I can get for £7.50 a bag all in..she said or just do it then seeing as uve got plaster..#loveit
What....... f**k that, I never tell customers what I’m getting gear at geez. Shhh don’t tell anyone but their all getting charged £15 a bag at the minute!

B&q’s and wickes have both been total c**ts during this plaster shortage!! They both haven’t been supplying trades only, which they should have! and they haven’t put any restrictions on how many you can purchase at any given time!!
Every spread in the land should protest and boycott the horrible profiting c**ts!!!
Wickes in Braintree have limited it to five bags per person and only to regular tradecard holders. Seems reasonable enough if you're doing small domestic works.

What....... f**k that, I never tell customers what I’m getting gear at geez. Shhh don’t tell anyone but their all getting charged £15 a bag at the minute!
I told her to be smug,as she thought price was high because I was charging alot for materials and passing cost onto her,I enjoyed telling her

Wickes in Braintree have limited it to five bags per person and only to regular tradecard holders. Seems reasonable enough if you're doing small domestic works.
Good it’s trade only, should be 10 at least though mate. My local b&q’s have been selling as much as you want to any Tom, dick & Harry, It’s disgusting!

Had to send my mate to pick up plaster from Selco today. Half way down the queue and it was sold out. He's ordered some carlite now.

f**k that if I had to use 10 bags in one day I'll be on the chiropractors table now
Done it back in my youth,you soon see the light when you get to a certain stage in your life..aslong as I can work 2 days a week,3 days max at a push I'm happy or and aslong as I'm still fit and able enough to give the old dear doggy every1s happy my end,mrs wouldn't have me work 5 days a week

Done it back in my youth,you soon see the light when you get to a certain stage in your life..aslong as I can work 2 days a week,3 days max at a push I'm happy or and aslong as I'm still fit and able enough to give the old dear doggy every1s happy my end,mrs wouldn't have me work 5 days a week

So what do you do if you price a job that needs 6 days graft? Turn it down or do it over 3 weeks?

6 days graft!! Not a chance.im mortgage fee,got a holiday home in portugal and a caravan at seaside in a park..my life at chasing money is long gone thank the heavens

I understand that so genuinley what do you do just book in 1 day jobs?

I work 6 days a week , have done for 35 years ,

I understand that so genuinley what do you do just book in 1 day jobs?
The majority of jobs I get are word of mouth,so say a bedroom etc il do it over 2 days,say a living room il stretch to 3 days,the jobs I do ain't guna warrant a 6 day job.i dont work for builders anymore so I tell the people the way it's going to go b4 tools come out.im more doing it for staying active than 4 the pound notes

In all seriousness I've got a decent sized extension to tack and skim towards the end of july do you think the plaster situation will still be dog s**t and just get a pallet of carlite instead

In all seriousness I've got a decent sized extension to tack and skim towards the end of july do you think the plaster situation will still be dog s**t and just get a pallet of carlite instead
Carlite, I’m thinking of ordering another my self

The majority of jobs I get are word of mouth,so say a bedroom etc il do it over 2 days,say a living room il stretch to 3 days,the jobs I do ain't guna warrant a 6 day job.i dont work for builders anymore so I tell the people the way it's going to go b4 tools come out.im more doing it for staying active than 4 the pound notes

I would love to be part time but my work situation doesn't give me leads like that

I would love to be part time but my work situation doesn't give me leads like that
It's a funny one,I phased builders out 5 years ago..worked 4 a ton of them over years could not think of anything worse now,I'm free,to do what I want,any old time...its liberating when you do it.but that being said my past investments have allowed me to be in this situation