Sourcing Plaster....

Members online

Went into my local Travis today I told them to ring me when it’s in and sell it to the local guys who use you otherwise it will be on eBay a 40 a bag

image.jpg

Cheers boys

The cheeky b*****d was trying to short me £150 i said get your invoice it's got the date of the quote a breakdown of the pricing of the job etc he couldn't find it luckily I had copy in my book which I showed him he soon paid up then.

I hope it rings true @The Apprentice until demand can be met the greedy bastards just out to sell at £25 per bag will stop buying all the stock up and leaving us spreads with our hands tied behind our backs

I hope the twerps have bought pallet loads with a september date and it all goes out of date and there lose a packet..I'd question using b@q and wickes ever again after this

I hope the twerps have bought pallet loads with a september date and it all goes out of date and there lose a packet..I'd question using b@q and wickes ever again after this
B&q’s and wickes have both been total c**ts during this plaster shortage!! They both haven’t been supplying trades only, which they should have! and they haven’t put any restrictions on how many you can purchase at any given time!!
Every spread in the land should protest and boycott the horrible profiting c**ts!!!

B&q’s and wickes have both been total c**ts during this plaster shortage!! They both haven’t been supplying trades only, which they should have! and they haven’t put any restrictions on how many you can purchase at any given time!!
Every spread in the land should protest and boycott the horrible profiting c**ts!!!
Agreed..atleast building yards seem to care.ive heard off somebody jewsons was only letting you buy skim if you bought boards? Not sure how true that is,I use travis and local yards,there havnt raised the price at all..there deserve a pat on the back,only problem I had with them was 5 bag limit,there know I'm a plasterer as we use them and its laced all over the van and got a account.but you know the sad truth is il prob use b@q again for finish as its ideal sometimes

Agreed..atleast building yards seem to care.ive heard off somebody jewsons was only letting you buy skim if you bought boards? Not sure how true that is,I use travis and local yards,there havnt raised the price at all..there deserve a pat on the back,only problem I had with them was 5 bag limit,there know I'm a plasterer as we use them and its laced all over the van and got a account.but you know the sad truth is il prob use b@q again for finish as its ideal sometimes
My local merchants have dealt with the plaster shortage very well indeed mate. A builder I know rung them up for multi for a job he wants me to do for him, and they said sorry they didn’t have any. I rung half hour later just to double check and got 20 bags put by lol.

My local merchants have dealt with the plaster shortage very well indeed mate. A builder I know rung them up for multi for a job he wants me to do for him, and they said sorry they didn’t have any. I rung half hour later just to double check and got 20 bags put by lol.
Yep there looking after there own tbf..I dont see how ebay and gumtree can carry on letting these people put it on to sell its disgusting.a good selling point tho is I've secured a few jobs by threatening to not put plaster aside if there dont give me a answear asap..it works.

Yep there looking after there own tbf..I dont see how ebay and gumtree can carry on letting these people put it on to sell its disgusting.a good selling point tho is I've secured a few jobs by threatening to not put plaster aside if there dont give me a answear asap..it works.
I love it, plaster is power mate lol. I actually won a job last week just because I have the gear to do it. First thing the bloke said to me was don’t care what the price comes to just do you have the plaster to do it lol.

I love it, plaster is power mate lol. I actually won a job last week just because I have the gear to do it. First thing the bloke said to me was don’t care what the price comes to just do you have the plaster to do it lol.
Very rookie move,I had a woman wanting 2 bedrooms done,she said what's your diary like if I accept quote so I said I cant tell you until you accept as I'm on a 1st come serve basis as in whoever says yes now gets there plaster set aside etc,she said il let u know 2mz,10mins later txt come through can you put my plaster aside please,yes madam your very welcome

Had another ask why quote was so expensive is it because of corona etc and if so we are happy to wait a few months,I said no mrs,your price is the price and its valid until end of year,I said corona makes no difference to price of plaster for me as I can get for £7.50 a bag all in..she said or just do it then seeing as uve got plaster..#loveit