Sourcing Plaster....

told my mate he went down there and they said they were putting it out in the morning but they let him have 10 bags.

he went back a hour later to get another ten with a his dads trade point card and they were all gone !!!

2 pallets of multi and one board finish gone in 2 hours
Complete and utter joke mate! How the fucks all this madness gonna end if they just keep letting every Tom dick and Harry grab all the gear up.

Complete and utter joke mate! How the fucks all this madness gonna end if they just keep letting every Tom dick and Harry grab all the gear up.
they said we’ve been waiting 6 weeks for this and we don’t know when the next lot will be in :vomito:

Each shed & merchants would need to receive quantities every day for a minimum of a month for this to stop.

Like with every other f**k up they do @British Gypsum have if not caused then exacerbate the situation.

I just checked with EH Smith while I was ordering some other stuff. They have none in stock, and no idea/dates for when they will. When they do, they're not taking pre-orders it's max 10 bags per customer on a first come first serve basis.

I asked when I could reasonably expect to get supply (as I have a need coming up) of pallet type quantities. They said best not plan that sort of thing before August, and even then pencil it in rather than expect it to happen.

Between yesterday and this morning I’ve managed to get to a store where the pallets were flying out the door. I’ve now got 40 bag as will be fooked if I can’t get any.

Between yesterday and this morning I’ve managed to get to a store where the pallets were flying out the door. I’ve now got 40 bag as will be fooked if I can’t get any.
You are part of the problem casper,bulk buying incase you can't get any.

I just checked with EH Smith while I was ordering some other stuff. They have none in stock, and no idea/dates for when they will. When they do, they're not taking pre-orders it's max 10 bags per customer on a first come first serve basis.

I asked when I could reasonably expect to get supply (as I have a need coming up) of pallet type quantities. They said best not plan that sort of thing before August, and even then pencil it in rather than expect it to happen.

I've been told September but most likely no stock until the New Year...we are considering investing in Airless now

Mate rang to say buildbase had multi in stock, I got the last 15 bags, 20 pallets sold in an hour, and they aren't honouring trade price. Robbing c**ts charged me £9 +vat a bag

Had it delivered I mean, walls & ceilings
Never used it and the more buying that will just create a shortage of that instead. I will if I get desperate though, but got enough multi to last me a month or so now

You are part of the problem casper,bulk buying incase you can't get any.
Cant knock Casper for stocking up mate most plasterers are doing it if and when they can I guess, I see where your coming from about the bulk buying but I would rather a spread have 40 bags knowing there going to be used for them to earn a honest living than some w**k*r selling 40 bags for £30 quid a pop

Cant knock Casper for stocking up mate most plasterers are doing it if and when they can I guess, I see where your coming from about the bulk buying but I would rather a spread have 40 bags knowing there going to be used for them to earn a honest living than some w**k*r selling 40 bags for £30 quid a pop
Exactly most plasterers aren't stock piling 5 pallets, just looking at a pallet to get you through a months work without having to scrounge around every week picking up 5 bags here and there. I always used to order a pallet at a time anyway

Exactly most plasterers aren't stock piling 5 pallets, just looking at a pallet to get you through a months work without having to scrounge around every week picking up 5 bags here and there. I always used to order a pallet at a time anyway
Same here mate I've got 30 bags of board finish to get me started in july I've got jobs booked in july now so after the second week of july has ended my stock will be low and if I cant source any plaster in between then I'll just buy a pallet of carlite everytime until stock has finally sorted itself out

Said this before
They are either being told to create shortage so less people are doi g domestic type work to help with covid 19 ..or
They are creating a shortage themselves to allow us to establish there are no real alternative products out there to compete with them....then like most monopolies they will ramp up the price and we will all be grateful to pay it ..

I’ve Just had a call from the manager of my local/regular merchants as they have just had a delivery so he has set some gear aside for me, it’s not what you know it’s who you know at a time like this! f**k all the scummy Diy stores there’s no loyalty there at all. c**ts!

Is plaster the new toilet paper?....................Just musing.

Would you rub your 4rse with it in powder form or mix it up and use when set? I can't see it being very effective either way to be honest. :confused: