Sourcing Plaster....

Members online

375C3D17-27A0-4D49-85F3-07F0D925A2D4.png

Just seen this on LinkedIn gotta make you smile......

If your in Ireland yes

Preston. In the north of England.........

there’s other also in England

I don’t understand why nobody thought of Carlite sooner

I don’t understand why Travis jewson’s etc haven’t jumped all over it. As far as I n ow it’s only walls and ceilings selling it I spoke to 2 Travis branches yesterday.

1 said call back in a month for skim!! (Castle donnington)

The other said they have a pallet of multi coming week 27th but they don’t know which day and they are already holding bags back for local spreads.

Used carlite this morning great stuff no probs

I don’t understand why Travis jewson’s etc haven’t jumped all over it. As far as I n ow it’s only walls and ceilings selling it I spoke to 2 Travis branches yesterday.

1 said call back in a month for skim!! (Castle donnington)

The other said they have a pallet of multi coming week 27th but they don’t know which day and they are already holding bags back for local spreads.
Yeh walls n ceiling £11. Plus delievery

Says Wickes have s**t loads around !! But when you ring the store it just s cuts you off handy eh

Wickes is worse than useless imo. At the start of lockdown, when Travis Perkins closed shop overnight and dropped a lot of folk in the dwang, I placed an order (24/3) with Wickes for multi-finish, plaster board and other items. They delivered everything bar the multi finish 06/04. No delivery note and no explanation. Phone calls to the branch get disconnected. Phone calls to their helpline also get disconnected after holding over 30 mins.

I search further afield and placed orders on 06/04 with both Build 4 Less and Insulation Shop. Not as cheap as Wickes. Both charged £25 delivery. Total for 10 bags incl delivery was £107.04 and £114.36. No stock but at least I’m in a delivery queue.

Then I found Carlite at DryWallToolsDirect. So at this stage I have over £1,000 tied up with various plaster orders. (My Carlite was delivered last week, so I’m a happy bunny)

So yesterday when I’m checking my junk mail folder for my click & tip confirmation, I find delivery confirmations from both Build4Less (23/6) and InsulationShop (30/6). Another phone call to Wickes results in being disconnected after 37 minutes.

Wickes don’t care about the small business owner or the home renovator. We found a local building merchant which was great whilst Travis was closed.

DryWallToolsDirect seem to have another Carlite shipment in stock. They’re showing 1,000 bags available (the other day they were down to under 100) Their delivery fee seems to be either 1/4 (£40.70), 1/2 (£43.95) or full pallet (£47.20).

Not turned over a pound note yet since lockdown!

Have no interest in being part of the almighty British Gypsum f**k up soap opera but getting hammered off punters now!

Should be rendering but cant find no enthusiasm so passed few jobs to young lad that's good and needs the money at the moment.
You got bounce back loan then lol

I've looked into it,easy to apply and it's cheap as chips,its open til november so we are guna bide our time as I'd rather have £0 debt going foward
Bro in law got 18000. Paid alot of and now pays back no where near what he was paying. Makes sense but not for me.

Bro in law got 18000. Paid alot of and now pays back no where near what he was paying. Makes sense but not for me.
The interest rate is unbelievable from a buisness stand point,its same interest rate you get personell if u have a excellent credit report etc..but I'm same I cant be arsed being in debt 4 6 years but il take it if needs be but I'm giving it a few months

The interest rate is unbelievable from a buisness stand point,its same interest rate you get personell if u have a excellent credit report etc..but I'm same I cant be arsed being in debt 4 6 years but il take it if needs be but I'm giving it a few months
We gonna borrow for house but need a lot more then what they would give me so need it over a longer period

How much did you buy and what was the delivery charge.
Can you go down to collect it?
I’ve had it with these merchants round here giving me the run around.
Yeh I reckon u could ,but about hour n half away for us , u go no skim left ?
About £50 charge cus me mate had half a pallet with us

Yeh I reckon u could ,but about hour n half away for us , u go no skim left ?
About £50 charge cus me mate had half a pallet with us
Ive got some skim just trying to keep the stock up.
Got to pick up some today only let me have it because they thought i was someone else.Just waiting for them to cancel the slot like they did earlier in the week.

How much did you buy and what was the delivery charge.
Can you go down to collect it?
I’ve had it with these merchants round here giving me the run around.

I was in there last week. You can walk in and pay at the counter and they bring the pallet to your van and you load up. Easy peesey.

Or order and pay on the phone and collect.