Soul destroying!

You can but it dosent mean us middle aged guys need to accept it without a fight. I came into the game late. Evening college course at 27, goldtrowel few months .later then started destroying my own home and a few of my rentals to learn lol. Done the same with my plumbing. Been to college to do.my City and guilds now and tackle my own jobs,fix my own house and work alongside a bathroom fitter. Does that make me a plumber..f**k no. That's an insult to lads whove done it man and boy and have forgotten more than ill ever know.
Goldtrowel you say?

fkin Vauxhall :boxeador:

Goldtrowel

Someone say goldtrowel.
f**k**g coursers/YouTubers!! Time with other spreads is a must,
it's insulting that people think it's that easy to pick up and go and earn money. I was a labourer for years then apprentice then on site's to pick up speed.

The cancer of the game is the people who send these drips out there thinking they're ready to trade. "Qualified" and ready to go, after taking hundreds and sometimes thousands off of wannabe spreads, usually young unsuspecting naive people.

Goldtrowel

Someone say goldtrowel.

The cancer of the game is the people who send these drips out there thinking they're ready to trade. "Qualified" and ready to go, after taking hundreds and sometimes thousands off of wannabe spreads, usually young unsuspecting naive people.
Doesn't it usually bite the on the arse at some point , running up against a furious customer , bad news travels fast
And more fool the customer who takes the chancer route
Personally don't give a toss as I don't want their customer tbh

Some customers and lay people really can't tell a good job from a bad one - until the paint goes on.

If it's brown/pink and flat on the day, that's mostly enough for them to get paid.

Thats why we get so many "have they done a good job?" Posts on here.

We see them as thick, truth be told they really don't know what they're looking at and what to look for.

Some customers and lay people really can't tell a good job from a bad one - until the paint goes on.

If it's brown/pink and flat on the day, that's mostly enough for them to get paid.

Thats why we get so many "have they done a good job?" Posts on here.

We see them as thick, truth be told they really don't know what they're looking at and what to look for.
True , but surely they don't make the same mistake twice , all friends and visitors get to see the results and hear of the sanding and polyfilla nightmare , I suppose it's easy for me to laugh but I cut out the risk , day rate on overskim and anything that could develop problems , I make no profit but I get no risk , I don't even look at the job till the clocks ticking

Meanwhile original poster has scarpered armed with his info...until the next cock up....
Still here, been looking to labour for someone local.
Hopefully when I come back here I'll have something sorted, experience shadowing a good plasterer. Thanks to the few that didn't have a sh*tty attitude with me. The rest of you with you boomer attitude - go f*ck yourselves.

Sometimes in old houses they put distemper above a picture rail.
It needs washing off , pissy coat of good pva . Leave it and the bluegrit or qypbond over night
Dustess sand what you can from surface, seal to create a good barrier and bind what's left, pva and skim. I've spent most of the day back in the late 80s and 90s washing off old white wash but 45mins now I can sort out a lounge ceiling and get on with it.. No mess.

No need to spend a fortune. £150 will get you 225mm head sander and vac and take it from there.

Sometimes in old houses they put distemper above a picture rail.
It needs washing off , pissy coat of good pva . Leave it and the bluegrit or qypbond over night
Often got it on the ceiling and down to the picture rail. Always use to sugar soap it off till the is no more dusty residue. Horrid stuff!