Some of my recent work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumThorne

I feel bad for signing up and not contributing to the forum, I currently do not have access to a computer to upload images of some of my work, but if anyone has Instagram they can view some of my work there. Search me... Ornamentalplasterer. I will be uploading the images to the forum in the nxt few days.
Cheers guys!

I feel bad for signing up and not contributing to the forum, I currently do not have access to a computer to upload images of some of my work, but if anyone has Instagram they can view some of my work there. Search me... Ornamentalplasterer. I will be uploading the images to the forum in the nxt few days.
Cheers guys!
Welcome along mate , you keeping busy up your way ?

Yeah things are not so bad I'm balancing between being self employed working for two companies here and then also doing my own jobs whenever I get the work.

Do you think you will take the full step to self employed , or happy with the security you have

Do you think you will take the full step to self employed , or happy with the security you have
That's a bloody good question! Well if work was constant then I would love to work for myself on a daily basis. As long as I'm paying rent for my garage then I'm happy. I have the luxury of still staying at home with parents (I'm 23) but know that won't last long

Build up as much money as you can mate , before you even think about it , sure you already know that :RpS_thumbup: , when you go on your own ,that decision is normally made for you , ie you cannot deal with the private work you have so the step over is less worrying , best of luck mate

Build up as much money as you can mate , before you even think about it , sure you already know that :RpS_thumbup: , when you go on your own ,that decision is normally made for you , ie you cannot deal with the private work you have so the step over is less worrying , best of luck mate
Very true! I still have heaps of knowledge to learn tho and I recently bought that millars plastering and decorative. A lot of the stuff relates to what I learned as an apprentice. Cheers and like I said if I could post pics from my phone then I would but until I have my laptop I can't post any.

Mate i,m 46 and i still have lots to learn:RpS_blushing: , you never stop in this game , as for the pictures upload , wait around ,guys on here, know far more then me about that :RpS_confused:

Very true! I still have heaps of knowledge to learn tho and I recently bought that millars plastering and decorative. A lot of the stuff relates to what I learned as an apprentice. Cheers and like I said if I could post pics from my phone then I would but until I have my laptop I can't post any.
I've got millers book it's a wealth of information,got me out of trouble once on the lime plastering

hi callum welcome to the mad house - if its the miller book - that shows all the old fashioned techniques both solid and fibrous, its one of the best books on plastering

hi callum welcome to the mad house - if its the miller book - that shows all the old fashioned techniques both solid and fibrous, its one of the best books on plastering
Hi mate,
In my old work my bosses dad started the company and I found out in the book that he must of used the exact layout for a workshop that's in the book!

How long does each cast take you doing it that way?
A cast from a mould is 15 minutes I'd guess.
Just wondering which is quickest.

How long does each cast take you doing it that way?
A cast from a mould is 15 minutes I'd guess.
Just wondering which is quickest.
Yeah mate when I worked at my old firm there was a job where there was a good few lengths so we done it that way. Normally just make the zinc mould and run of the lengths. I can run a length from mix to set anywhere around 20/30 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.