software to measure plans

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

right lads

I'm getting a bit tired of sitting down for hours measuring and pricing plans with a ruler pen and pages of paper! I'm getting plans for fourteen units that are all different for one of my builders. i have been looking at take off software and they all seem very expensive and more aimed at quantity surveyors who will use the software too its full potential.

does any here use software to measure pdf plans thats a little more economical?

Im sure there was an old thread about this a couple of months back if you have a dig around the old posts the answer you want might be on it marra........:RpS_thumbup:

I used to do all that s**t, after all these years i just guess it now, never far out.

Lol guess 14 plots of dry line insulate skim and screed supply and fit! You have much bigger balls than me lucius!

tell the tossa builder to supply a bill of quantities, they take the fcuking pi$$.... really annoys me when these big companies wont pay for a QS and expect every other trade to quantify a job for them... tight ba$tards... however if you charged for 50 extra meters the to$$a would pull out a bill of quants to compare measures...

anyway rant over... i wont even look at a set of drawings now without a B of Q's attached... they will soon learn

PS just noticed your supply and fix... even bigger pi$$ take just buy the bricks and roof and build the flats yourself

lol! i know what your saying rs and agree, but cannot comply! i stand a good fair chance of getting the work as I've done a fair bit for them, although on a smaller scale so me quantifying for them is no real beef. but it is on this one, even harder to find take off software for macintosh so its getting harder. i will ask for a bill of quant tomorrow, but from past experience if you don't get one from the beginning they aint got one! so i may end up sitting down for fck know how many nights going through them, if i don't another contractor will and the rates we get are respectable. what choice do i get?!!

lol! i know what your saying rs and agree, but cannot comply! i stand a good fair chance of getting the work as I've done a fair bit for them, although on a smaller scale so me quantifying for them is no real beef. but it is on this one, even harder to find take off software for macintosh so its getting harder. i will ask for a bill of quant tomorrow, but from past experience if you don't get one from the beginning they aint got one! so i may end up sitting down for fck know how many nights going through them, if i don't another contractor will and the rates we get are respectable. what choice do i get?!!

if the jobs been started there must be a bill. how else would they know how much their budget was.

if the jobs been started there must be a bill. how else would they know how much their budget was.

Quite right blone indeed there is always Bills for everything or there used to be but lately seeing how construction is a the top end, I dont think they know what the fk they are doing and would not be suprised if there were no bills after all.

Last week I was send a main contract - not a sub contract I asked for the bills for the render they said there arent any so I told em I couldnt price it then, simples. I am sick of doing other peoples jobs for them

Thought about doing that blonesey but didn't wanna stick my nose in where it may not be wanted. I get on quite well with one of the blokes in there office and luckily he has done the take of for the whole job! Result, so I have all the metres on excel just goto put the rates in. Oh and skim a room in his house foc in exchange!

a lot of the good companies put it on -line for everyone who has been asked to price can log -in and see the the quantities /measurements .. i thought !!

Thought about doing that blonesey but didn't wanna stick my nose in where it may not be wanted. I get on quite well with one of the blokes in there office and luckily he has done the take of for the whole job! Result, so I have all the metres on excel just goto put the rates in. Oh and skim a room in his house foc in exchange!
That worked out well the! Don't believe their measure , always do a re calc and invoice accordingly when completed.

Never trust a B/Q. have always done a final measure. on our current project we have picked up 300m2 over and above what was on the B/Q. We never put our financial well being in other peoples hands,

Status
Not open for further replies.