Measuring for plastering or taping!

Members online

disabled

My joiner highly recommended a business to do the taping after my home refurbishment being changed for my disability.

For over a year if not longer, the taper wanted sizes, I sent the plans, they were rejected as not having sizes on, then the joiner sent sizes, months later I got half a price, ie half the job, accepted that asking why not all the job, the work was done well, so the taping guy was on site several times, and looked at the rest of the job.
I then asked for the price for the last few bedrooms, hall, bathroom etc, I was asked to supply details of windows etc I did this (I cannot use ladders) then I was send a request for sizes again, I got someone to work this out as best as possible, price came back more than the first job, I asked someone else, they said sizes wrong.

Told the taper guy they may be wrong, again sent plans, photos etc, got a curt reply need sizes.

Two channels in a wall also needed plastering / filling where cables were fitted but the tape guy says he cannot do those, so will have to find another plasterer for that tiny job.
So I still do not have a quote for the last part of the job.

My question is,
if the taper has been on site why did he not measure the place?
Is it the job of a customer to measure everything, I did not measure the wood for joiner, the stairs, the doors, the carpet, cable, slates, windows etc etc, why is it not the job of a taper to measure and give a price?

I have been so upset by all this, in my day contractors were profesional, courteous and helpful, come on lads be safe and kind

My joiner highly recommended a business to do the taping after my home refurbishment being changed for my disability.

For over a year if not longer, the taper wanted sizes, I sent the plans, they were rejected as not having sizes on, then the joiner sent sizes, months later I got half a price, ie half the job, accepted that asking why not all the job, the work was done well, so the taping guy was on site several times, and looked at the rest of the job.
I then asked for the price for the last few bedrooms, hall, bathroom etc, I was asked to supply details of windows etc I did this (I cannot use ladders) then I was send a request for sizes again, I got someone to work this out as best as possible, price came back more than the first job, I asked someone else, they said sizes wrong.

Told the taper guy they may be wrong, again sent plans, photos etc, got a curt reply need sizes.

Two channels in a wall also needed plastering / filling where cables were fitted but the tape guy says he cannot do those, so will have to find another plasterer for that tiny job.

My question is,
Is it the job of a customer to measure everything, I did not measure the wood for joiner, the stairs, the doors, the carpet, cable, slates, windows etc etc, why is it not the job of a taper to measure and give a price?

I have been so upset by all this, in my day contractors were profesional, courteous and helpful, come on lads be safe and kind
You are dealing with what is commonly known in the trade as a fuckwit. The best course of action is to stop messing about and get someone who can price off a set of plans, subject to a site visit.

why would you have a username disabled ? I’m aware you are but would you want to be treated any different than any other human being
I dont want to be treated differently, but it does make doing what is simple to others very difficult, the name was just due to every name (inc mine) was not available when I was setting this up, not my first choice, sorry if it offended anyone in any way,

I dont want to be treated differently, but it does make doing what is simple to others very difficult, the name was just due to every name (inc mine) was not available when I was setting this up, not my first choice, sorry if it offended anyone in any way,

Any decent tradesperson will do a site visit to check the job out. No one is offended on here. Read any of the threads and posts on here and you'll soon get the jist. Some good guys on here so mention your neck of the woods and you may find someone that can help you out. All the best and good luck (y)

Disabled - When people stop you, or tell you, or persuade yourself, that you cannot do something everybody else does. And you believe them..
Handicapped - When you can't do something the way most people do, but you're going find a way to do it or overcome it anyway. So fck 'em

For example see Olympic para cycling girl - took on celebrity SAS week, and won.

You are not Disabled Ok?, You will get as much help, insults and stick as everyone else on here. Arguably, and we argue a lot, everybody on this forum is a bit handicapped in some way or other.

No but was Ironside really gone?

My question is,

200.gif