Smooth life (+ limewash)

Tallnhandsome

Hi there,
Not new to the forum, but the system must have cleared my details due to me not having posted anything for 2+ years.
Now reregistered, and saying "Hello Plastering World!" once again.
Seeking a solution to skimming an old ceiling with limewash over it. Some of it has come off when steaming off lining paper (oh, yes, lining paper over limewash!), but several patxhes are still there.
Should I go over them with the steamer again, and take them off too, or is there some product (other than PVA, it doesn't do the trick) that can adhere to the b@stard limewash?
Cheers

Hi there,
Not new to the forum, but the system must have cleared my details due to me not having posted anything for 2+ years.
Seeking a solution to skimming an old ceiling with limewash over it. Some of it has come off when steaming off lining paper (oh, yes, lining paper over limewash!), but several patxhes are still there.
Should I go over them with the steamer again, and take them off too, or is there some product (other than PVA, it doesn't do the trick) that can adhere to the b@stard limewash?
Cheers
Fun Burn GIF by Stuffed Puffs

Hi there,
Cheers

1 Stabilising solution

2 sbr

3 pva