Smaller trowels

Members online

Laying on with my 14 “ Nela and trowelling up with my 12”carbon today. Can’t go wrong with trowelling up carbon style, done some rendering with it on Saturday and feels small for rendering but also trying it out on skimming today and it’s ok for laying on skimming not slow (I guess it’s only two inches smaller than my normal 14 ) been paying attention to the guys saying it’s better for your elbows than the bigger trowels.
What’s the 12 inch you got ? A new one ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 234
What’s the 12 inch you got ? A new one ?
12x5 mt Carbon I got in the summer, I was doing loads of little render plinths and garden walls and it was bought for that (any excuse) been dabbling with it here and there and it’s a welcome edition to the collection :LOL:

Last week I smashed my beloved ... original....the one.....and only one .....tyzack carbon trowel. Passed the bucket and the tools to the labourer from the scissor lift and the c**t took everything for washing apart from the trowel, which he left on the ground between the two wheels. You can guess what hapened next And didn’t realise until I asked him to bring it ....... nearly got heart attack when I found it on the floor. I called it the muscle trowel- perfect for any heavy render and tidying out. Replaced it with another 11”, But soft grip now .

I love these pictures where guys get all there trowels out and proudly line them up for a photo :) lovely collection mate(y)

Last week I smashed my beloved ... original....the one.....and only one .....tyzack carbon trowel. Passed the bucket and the tools to the labourer from the scissor lift and the c**t took everything for washing apart from the trowel, which he left on the ground between the two wheels. You can guess what hapened next And didn’t realise until I asked him to bring it ....... nearly got heart attack when I found it on the floor. I called it the muscle trowel- perfect for any heavy render and tidying out. Replaced it with another 11”, But soft grip now .
Hate them soft grip handles they end up about a millimetre round and cramp the f**k out of my hand, you should fine him a days wages per week until he finds another the same

Hate them soft grip handles they end up about a millimetre round and cramp the f**k out of my hand, you should fine him a days wages per week until he finds another the same
He won’t find one at all! I am looking since online but nothing. The soft grip is fine , I have different sizes tyzack with soft grip and I like it. As for the labourer he gave me £40 next day and said I am sorry! Didn’t took the money , but was impressed!

He won’t find one at all! I am looking since online but nothing. The soft grip is fine , I have different sizes tyzack with soft grip and I like it. As for the labourer he gave me £40 next day and said I am sorry! Didn’t took the money , but was impressed!
Good lad at least he knew it was his fault, know what you mean about old tyzacks I have been looking for a centenary for ages now that was my first trowel

just been using a little 12 inch trowel which I originally bought for cupboards around kitchens and tricky spaces, I must admit the little fella feels really nice in my hand, does anyone use a smaller trowel for everyday use? Pros? Cons? It's been good this morning for rendering plinths and setting beads up.
What the f**k are you on about "little 12in trowel"?
That's my big b*****d trowel!

What the f**k are you on about "little 12in trowel"?
That's my big b*****d trowel!
I’m one of the commoners raised on bigger trowels, went all the way up to a 16 and now coming back down. I’ve still never found the trowel that feels like an extension of my arm, I just get used to whatever takes my fancy at the time.

I’m one of the commoners raised on bigger trowels, went all the way up to a 16 and now coming back down. I’ve still never found the trowel that feels like an extension of my arm, I just get used to whatever takes my fancy at the time.
I was bought up on 11in trowels but did give 13 and 14in ones a go for a short while. I developed tennis elbow pretty quickly and went back to what I knew.
I've actually got a 20in carbon MT down the unit as well.
Very low mileage!
This afternoon I was using my 11in Nela Premium, that's quite a nice trowel.

I was bought up on 11in trowels but did give 13 and 14in ones a go for a short while. I developed tennis elbow pretty quickly and went back to what I knew.
I've actually got a 20in carbon MT down the unit as well.
Very low mileage!
This afternoon I was using my 11in Nela Premium, that's quite a nice trowel.
My mates got the 11” Nela and I was also impressed

Dear me! Exceeding the £60 mark for used trowel:loco:. Not while ago there was brand new one for £80, should have bought it :whistle: