Skimming rates

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
When things were busy I used to skim a 2 bed a day with a 2 + 1 gang , the lab mixed and done the cupboards .It averaged out at 4 a week and there was 280 m2 per house.

Fairplay to you m8 must have some achy muscles! lol I thought the ritmo can spray finish...couldn't you just do the spraying and get a couple of other spreads in to trowel the walls up, pay them £300 and then take £440 for yourself. Not bad for waving a hose around all day.

i haveny got a ritmo mate ive got a minijet

Thing is grand you are what I term a super spread, thats means hit the ground running and dont stop till its time to go home. Not all plasterers can live at that pace all day. I also think you do really well for your age mate ,as you have fair bit milage on clock. I also think its how you set your stall out and a good labour is worth his weight in gold because he is thinking one jump ahead of the spreads all the time .
If there is a downside to been fast ,Is the site agents look at the top gang on sites and use them as a yard stick to how much they can chip off the rate because of your speed. And for the rest of the pack they have to follow suit and take what's on the table ,but they do not have your pace to really make a pay of it on cheap rates.

rates are govern by surveyors henry not site agents and i aint no superspread we just have a method that works we dont throw gear away even the smallest left over can do a reveal or something and by throwing on a wall say in a hallway every hit before you know the hall is done and our lab beads and scrim everything before next hit he cleans everything and is in the next one beading before your first is finished and im not bothered about other gangs the rates the rate

Alright then grand I will put it this way you plaster cleaver, you make every bag count no waste. Some where along the food chain someone is taking his slice of the rate before it gets to you. The rate starts at £5 m2 and by the time it get's to you it's £2 m2 that's the way it is. We can take it or leave it it is up to us.
I have been told this just not once or twice but many times by them who is further up the food chain then us. And they also get kick backs of the merchants I have seen site agents milk gear off jobs and blame it on the trades on the job for having it away feckers.

I think I have lost the plot here spunk. The rate is the rate deal with it.

just drink it spunky and i want my money by thursday drink it.

Alright then grand I will put it this way you plaster cleaver, you make every bag count no waste. Some where along the food chain someone is taking his slice of the rate before it gets to you. The rate starts at £5 m2 and by the time it get's to you it's £2 m2 that's the way it is. We can take it or leave it it is up to us.
I have been told this just not once or twice but many times by them who is further up the food chain then us. And they also get kick backs of the merchants I have seen site agents milk gear off jobs and blame it on the trades on the job for having it away feckers.
thats the way it has always been and always will be i get my rate from the plastering contractor you used to be able to coax a bit more out of them but not now mate

It's a lot of things cost of borrowing. price of plaster, vat , these all effect margins on profit and loss . We all have to deal with it.

Talking about the ritmo would you get over spray on the ceiling .

rich, put me up for a week with free food and ill come and show you how to get the stuff on the wall faster xx

as an example of if the contractors are making a mint, the building company my mate works for, which is fairly big, turn over about 15m a year, are paying £14p/m render and set, £6.50 skim, labour and materials. to the guys doing the insulation, boarding, metal stud and plastering. thats on new stuff, not renovation. mainly golf courses and schools. the money is definatly still there. its no different to what it has always been, just a lot of people taking advantage of people

Status
Not open for further replies.