Skimming over ocr ??

scotty34

Afternoon chaps , im supposed to be starting an internal s/c job tomorrow ( upstairs bedroom ) . But my labourer has kindly text me 2 hours ago saying he won't be in all week . So I was wondering if I could use weber ocr instead ( I'll build out with 2 coats ) then skim over it a few days/week later ? Save me breaking my back with the mixer ? Customer doesn't want bonding or hardwall before anyone asks lol

Afternoon chaps , im supposed to be starting an internal s/c job tomorrow ( upstairs bedroom ) . But my labourer has kindly text me 2 hours ago saying he won't be in all week . So I was wondering if I could use weber ocr instead ( I'll build out with 2 coats ) then skim over it a few days/week later ? Save me breaking my back with the mixer ? Customer doesn't want bonding or hardwall before anyone asks lol
Just use a one coat plaster cheaper faster and less work only £10 a bag inc vat

Any good?

How is using a mixer for s&c going to break your back more than ocr?

I forgot about this thread lol . The customer isn't gonna have ingress ( that's why I'm skimming over the ocr ) , it's overkill I know but that's what he wants so that's what he gets , his money not mine ‍♂️ and with regards as to why its easier using ocr and a whisk it's because I'll be working on my own and I'm not mixing up s/c downstairs in his front garden and then walking buckets of compo through his house or pulling buckets up on a rope over his balcony then laying it on as well f##k that . It's one of those awkward jobs I didnt really want to do so put a high price in then got it s**t happens. And this is the longest f##cking message I've ever wrote so thanks for the replies gents and have a good week all

I forgot about this thread lol . The customer isn't gonna have ingress ( that's why I'm skimming over the ocr ) , it's overkill I know but that's what he wants so that's what he gets , his money not mine ‍♂️ and with regards as to why its easier using ocr and a whisk it's because I'll be working on my own and I'm not mixing up s/c downstairs in his front garden and then walking buckets of compo through his house or pulling buckets up on a rope over his balcony then laying it on as well f##k that . It's one of those awkward jobs I didnt really want to do so put a high price in then got it s**t happens. And this is the longest f##cking message I've ever wrote so thanks for the replies gents and have a good week all
Just use the smet one coat HC projection plaster it will be the best way on your own

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719_150433_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210719_150433_com.whatsapp.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 152
Don't use Weber OCR unless you are going prime with grit before skimming as skim does key well to it even if you have a good key.

I've tested a few and the only viable one to skim over is CPI general purpose.