Skimming onto finished floor

Members online

No members online now.

hail hail

Private Member
A fella I know building a house, structure build, underfloor heating in, screed etc.. then goes and tiles the floors before floating the walls and skimming. Have yous ever worked on a job like this before. Reason being he wants the skimmed walls to finish on a stop bead on top of the tiles. No skirting boards! In all my years working, I've never came across this. Even if one didn't want skirting, I'd still skim first then tile to it.

Pics of another job in a 650k house where the floors settled Abit just to show what can happen.

Screenshot_20191013-224123.png
Screenshot_20191013-224043.png
Screenshot_20191013-224046.png

Might have been a drying out issue that added to this order of works , as well as shadow gap

A fella I know building a house, structure build, underfloor heating in, screed etc.. then goes and tiles the floors before floating the walls and skimming. Have yous ever worked on a job like this before. Reason being he wants the skimmed walls to finish on a stop bead on top of the tiles. No skirting boards! In all my years working, I've never came across this. Even if one didn't want skirting, I'd still skim first then tile to it.

Pics of another job in a 650k house where the floors settled Abit just to show what can happen.

View attachment 40688View attachment 40689View attachment 40690
Looks like the corners been grouted instead of sealant?

I couldn’t be arsed with the f**k**g about.

Hard floor protector is shite too

Line the floor with heavy duty lining paper and 3" masking tape. Plaster too floor, cut through with a decs snap knife . Jobs a good'un .