Skimming Legoland Windsor

Members online

if i was getting £15/£20 a metre with a huge business overdraft.....id wait a month for a 50/60k cheque.
but not a month for a 5/6 grand cheque.

besides id blow it all in 4 days....then live on depression for the next 26 days.

plastering is the most cut throught job you can be in.
i wouldnt wait a month.

You don't hear much of office workers etc getting shafted but the building trade is awash with horror stories,
My theory is if you can't pay as work is done what's up??? Especially if your a big company the basic answer is if anybody is going to lose out if summin goes tits up its YOU!!!! Not them.

You don't hear much of office workers etc getting shafted but the building trade is awash with horror stories,
My theory is if you can't pay as work is done what's up??? Especially if your a big company the basic answer is if anybody is going to lose out if summin goes tits up its YOU!!!! Not them.

they dont use their money upfront....its the banks.
spreads who work for big firms wonder why there wages are always down.
its because every week the big firms go over the wage overdraft.

drylining firms are run now by business men ....not plasterers.

Office workers have more rights than folk working on sites, that's why you don't hear about them getting shafted. Should be more protection for subbys.

Office workers have more rights than folk working on sites, that's why you don't hear about them getting shafted. Should be more protection for subbys.

if you worked in an office and told your the company you were depressed and needed 6 weeks off....youd get paid.

if i told my gaffa im depressed and need 6 weeks off ....id be told im gonna be even more depressed because im not getting paid.

we dont even have tits and arse to stare at all day !!!

No I disagree there pal. I don't go to tesco or wherever and tell them I pay in a months time etc. As soon as I'm finished and customer happy I want paying immediately

domestic work of course.... I am talking about trades who work for firms

what I am saying is owls team is on day work (assuming) each week they get paid whatever... if the jobs get knocked that effectively is owls problem... his workforce should get paid no matter what.... they could go on monthly pay... their pay in theory does not change and as they would be on PAYE... they get the benefits of being on PAYE

If you are working for multiple people and you are a business then you can set your own payment terms.... even then the person paying pretty much decides on that to an extent.

if you worked in an office and told your the company you were depressed and needed 6 weeks off....youd get paid.

if i told my gaffa im depressed and need 6 weeks off ....id be told im gonna be even more depressed because im not getting paid.

we dont even have tits and arse to stare at all day !!!

Liked

I have no problems with monthly payment, as long as the money comes in that's fine by me. Used to get paid a month in arrears a months wage, so basically from the start worked 2 months for a months wage in case f**k*d up anything

I have no problems with monthly payment, as long as the money comes in that's fine by me. Used to get paid a month in arrears a months wage, so basically from the start worked 2 months for a months wage in case f**k*d up anything

for one of the affiliate programs I use to work with it was 120 days... those 120 days where brutal but as soon as it starts to flow in it kept flowing :D

The other issue is that a lot of people have bad money management... they get paid friday and on monday they want a sub... had a labourer that wanted money at the end of every day... it was ok for the first week or so but it really did piss me off and in the end I said nope he moaned like hell and the more he moaned the more it made me hate the c**t

for one of the affiliate programs I use to work with it was 120 days... those 120 days where brutal but as soon as it starts to flow in it kept flowing :D

The other issue is that a lot of people have bad money management... they get paid friday and on monday they want a sub... had a labourer that wanted money at the end of every day... it was ok for the first week or so but it really did piss me off and in the end I said nope he moaned like hell and the more he moaned the more it made me hate the c**t

so your happy to depend on someone elses cash flow for your living ??

Oh I agree there zolco but the bottom line is most subbies can't!!
I have paid guys 1 day late before,they get the hump then don't turn up for 3 days cos there sitting at home!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always say I'll come next month then.Then you get the thick t**t say but payment will be month after at,well I'll come following month then.But job needs doing.Yeah and that's why your struggling!b*ll***s to monthly pay whether you can afford it or not.Easier to claw back a week than a month when you've slogged your b*ll***s in price.

Part of the reason why the main contractor is the main contractor is because he has cash flow sorted to put up with the month in hand payments from big builders/companies.
Lads on the tools should have nothing to do with that, couldn't ask lads to work for me on monthly pay.

Part of the reason why the main contractor is the main contractor is because he has cash flow sorted to put up with the month in hand payments from big builders/companies.
Lads on the tools should have nothing to do with that, couldn't ask lads to work for me on monthly pay.

I would have no blokes!!
Young lads are shocking with money with days.i always saved some of my wages but they spunk it every weekend!!

what I am saying is owls team is on day work (assuming) each week they get paid whatever... if the jobs get knocked that effectively is owls problem... his workforce should get paid no matter what.... they could go on monthly pay... their pay in theory does not change and as they would be on PAYE... they get the benefits of being on PAYE

If you are working for multiple people and you are a business then you can set your own payment terms.... even then the person paying pretty much decides on that to an extent.

yep I have to pay lads on paye even in the depths of January when were doing nothing or bank holidays, holiday pay, etc etc. most developers we work for, just clear there balances at the end of the month when I invoice.

In Australia most commercial builders pay monthly. Eg say you do a job on the 15th for 5k then you wait until the 30th to but the invoice in. Then you get paid 4 weeks after.

domestic builders pay 7 days from the invoice date. So you will be paid on the 22nd of the same month. I have my business split in two. Half commercial and half domestic. You get the bigger money on commercial ($45m2) then domestic ($35) . Aussie dollars.

Funny but not that funny

I got weighed in from a job I done 4 weeks ago a couple of hours ago, its all pretty much spoken for. I'm owed from another job 2 weeks ago over a grand, plus a few hundred wrapped up in a couple of other jobs, plus this week just gone I'm owed. Madness

I got weighed in from a job I done 4 weeks ago a couple of hours ago, its all pretty much spoken for. I'm owed from another job 2 weeks ago over a grand, plus a few hundred wrapped up in a couple of other jobs, plus this week just gone I'm owed. Madness
Welcome to the dark side, it's a happy balanced life being your own boss :vomito: