skimmers needed in portsmouth

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplybesty

Private Member
we got some skimming onto board using mp finish on a job in portsmouth, most high level but can be done off electric lift. must have cscs card. £2.35m2 labour only. PM me or monkey. start next week.

try advertising for a plasterer 2.35m2 at height your rates have changed you getting greedy old man

simplybesty said:
we got some skimming onto board using mp finish on a job in portsmouth, most high level but can be done off electric lift. must have cscs card. £2.35m2 labour only. PM me or monkey. start next week.

A CSCS card? your jokin man i bin doin this job all me bloody life ive not needed one in the past and i'll not need one in the future...............................................pitty that im in portsmouth and could do with some work, bloody foreigners. ;)

flynnyman said:
simplybesty said:

A CSCS card? your jokin man i bin doin this job all me bloody life ive not needed one in the past and i'll not need one in the future...............................................pitty that im in portsmouth and could do with some work, bloody foreigners. ;)

;D

i have one i have one! i dont need any work at the minute though. wish i did, just so i could use my card ;D

i went and got the basic to get me on site fanny, grand, that's the rate, most are on 1.80 so were paying well and don't forget they have the privilege to work for me and monkey

Ive just got some work plus Im nowhere near Portsmouth otherwise I'd have jumped on this just to see how machine work fares.

Have not worked down that way for a while. Is the contracts manager who is a massive coke head still working for them?

oh dear paul and monkey that is a horrific rate to pay especially at height, dont forget pay peanuts get monkeys and also its your reputation on the line !!!.

I am paying 3.50 m/2 in plymouth..... merry christmas you pair of scrouges lol

Nick, what you dont seem to understand this is how it is with sitework, were not talking about a 100m2 job, were talking about over 1200m2. its also all walls and no ceilings and when i say hight its not that bad. i have been doing a bit and you can do 60m2 a day easy and i have not been pushing. I did make a mistake, its 2.50m2 so a local skimmer would still earn a fair weeks money. Its also mp finish so you can get more on in a set. we would do it but were spraying the mp 75.

Rich, Prices are better down your way, but on the large sites its not good down there. i have priced some and turned it down because of the price they want it done for.

Im not looking for a debate on rates, if you dont want to do the job move on and read another post.

simplybesty said:
Nick, what you dont seem to understand this is how it is with sitework, were not talking about a 100m2 job, were talking about over 1200m2. its also all walls and no ceilings and when i say hight its not that bad. i have been doing a bit and you can do 60m2 a day easy and i have not been pushing. I did make a mistake, its 2.50m2 so a local skimmer would still earn a fair weeks money. Its also mp finish so you can get more on in a set. we would do it but were spraying the mp 75.

Rich, Prices are better down your way, but on the large sites its not good down there. i have priced some and turned it down because of the price they want it done for.

Im not looking for a debate on rates, if you dont want to do the job move on and read another post.

i no site rates arnt brilliant, it was more the electric lift part :)

plus id had a couple of cans, my apoligies

its funny how one minute people are moaning that theres no work about but when a job comes up for 1200 m2 with an average price , no ones interested.lol

thats because you have to be able to plaster with speed and also do a good job, Most cant see the bigger picture and get on the books of firms who always try and pay a fair rate. machine plastering ltd always pay well , ask anyone who has worked for us. I only put it on here to offer it to lads who dont have the work . Render systems, your living in a dream bullshit world mate,

His not simps , ive had some excellent rates on my own site work ,not all the time admittedly but get away from the big boys and you can earn good dough , without breaking sweat , everyone works differently in different markets ie big sites ,domestic small sites direct from the devolopers its just life ,you have to have an open eye to what ever works about.

simplybesty said:
thats because you have to be able to plaster with speed and also do a good job, Most cant see the bigger picture and get on the books of firms who always try and pay a fair rate. machine plastering ltd always pay well , ask anyone who has worked for us. I only put it on here to offer it to lads who dont have the work . Render systems, your living in a dream bull(german word) world mate,
No im not i normally charge £4.00 per lm for beads however i just dropped to £3.00 on last quote and got it

id say £4 plm is high to be fair, but people do pay it. weve done big jobs in schools etc on £10-12pm render and set. some companies pay it some dont.

Render Systems said:
simplybesty said:
thats because you have to be able to plaster with speed and also do a good job, Most cant see the bigger picture and get on the books of firms who always try and pay a fair rate. machine plastering ltd always pay well , ask anyone who has worked for us. I only put it on here to offer it to lads who dont have the work . Render systems, your living in a dream bull(german word) world mate,
No im not i normally charge £4.00 per lm for beads however i just dropped to £3.00 on last quote and got it

so your saying you are charging £12 to put a 3mt bead up. you are full of s**t. you give the lads on here a false image of the trade as it is at the moment.

yes i do supply and fix mono beads £4.00 per 2 as for giving the lads a bad name thats uncalled for I charge what i charge to make a profit mind you as i said i have dropped to £3.00

These are what i pay for beads plus vat. so the average price per bead including vat = £2.50 = so for a 2.5m bead i get £7.50 per bead -minus £2.50 for the cost of the bead = £5.00 less tax @ 20% = £4.00 per 2.5 bead ie £1.60 per lm after cost of beads and tax.

Render PVC Stop Bead 2.5M x 15mm £1.62 /Len
Render PVC Corner Bead 2.5M x 15mm £1.58 /Len
Render PVC Bellcast/Drip Bead 2.5M x 15mm £1.62 /Len
Render PVC Movement Joint 2.5M x 15mm £3.72 /Len

hey render, u dont have to justify your rates for beading, i agree with you, you have to make a profit, every other business makes a profit so why shouldnt plasterers. what i dislike is someone creaming far too much off another person, like i said everyone is entitled to make a profit, but pay them peanuts as the old saying goes and what do you get. personally i would need £3.50-£4 per m2 and would skim up to 60m a day, u have to take into account the cost of deisel/wear and tear on the van/ tax and insurance/liability ins/income tax/accountants fees/bank charges etc, all of these costs have to be taken into consideration before you are left with your weekly take home.

listen who gives a f**k how much we are paying either you want to do it or you dont ...we aint going to pay more then what we are getting are we but we still know we are paying the average rate , we thought we'd offer it here first next time we wont

Status
Not open for further replies.