skim rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
the site where i was working today, the spreads doing the internals told me that a gang of poles were working for the same contractor for £1 per meter.

bloody poles im sick of em undercuting every1 and nicking our jobs
mind u i were on a site a few years back was getting 120 a day gaffer was payin a gang of poles 40 a day and right bgargin them up saying there doin a full house in 2 days and all that balls my mate at time told him noway was we going to work for 40 aday etc
after we had been there a 2 weeks we were loading out in to our 3 rd house to start it monday and site agent came over and asked us to re skim the entire house that they had done .
when our gaffer turned up he went nuts lol and site agent made him pay us extra
the poles had right shagged it up all 1 coated everywhere ya could see skrim tape showing and lot

We need to get the **** out of the EU and send all these Easterns home, wives, kids, grannies, Vauxhall Cavaliers, the ******* lot.

But as that ain't gonna happen any time soon, the only thing to do is get them working for higher rates or the site agents will keep on driving the price down for everyone.

bloody poles im sick of em undercuting every1 and nicking our jobs
mind u i were on a site a few years back was getting 120 a day gaffer was payin a gang of poles 40 a day and right bgargin them up saying there doin a full house in 2 days and all that balls my mate at time told him noway was we going to work for 40 aday etc
after we had been there a 2 weeks we were loading out in to our 3 rd house to start it monday and site agent came over and asked us to re skim the entire house that they had done .
when our gaffer turned up he went nuts lol and site agent made him pay us extra
the poles had right shagged it up all 1 coated everywhere ya could see skrim tape showing and lot

theyr useles no wonder they cannae get any work in poland.

Their fooking it up in all trades, they're house bashing for Asians at a reduce rate and not part "P" registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder the wankers in charge don't want us to have a referendum on the EU, just about everyone must know someone who has been negatively affected by these migrant workers.:RpS_cursing:

My mate was in landan last week that's what he said, why don't you move Gary you'd probably get better rates and less hassle getting to work everyday

Same as spunky ive only ever seen 1 foreign plasterer and he might not of been polish and ive only seen one gang of boarders and they were russian. And to be honest goin back to the original post when have you ever been on site and been told the rates of another spread? Ive worked for plenty of plastering firms in the past ive asked plenty of spreads some who had been with the firm years who apparantly dont know the rates. These are the pricks who are F*****g the rates up by thinkin they are getting more than the next man so keep quiet. i wouldnt believe what anyone told me on site and if i was to tell everyone on site im getting a £1 a metre i would end up having the job all to myself coz nobody else would start lol so come on boys wake up whos blaggin who?

In my opinion any British gaffer who employs any EU spread and exploits the **** at £1 £1.25 or any other s**t price wants his skull smashing open. So do the nobs that work for that kind of dough. It shags everything up for us all.

i worked on a barn converstion a couple off years ago the owner had the lithuaneas doing all the building work borading brikieing roofing the they tried to skim they made a rigth f--k up i got phone call to have a look it was the worst i had ever seen kids could of done better , i got a very good price for putting it rigth. and finishing the two barns on the plot a footballer killgallon now lives in one . they all so f--ked the tileing up some people never learn. wish they would all p-ss off back home

I've been in this game since the 80's and used to work on most of the biggest contracts in London,from the start the building trade ALWAYS had a large migrant work froce,whether it was entirely Irish sites or Scots or Welsh then there were the Aussies and Kiwis (who had their tax refunded when they returned home) followed by South Africans and so on (most with a stronger work ethic than British counterparts).
Large groups share houses and can work for less with lower overheads, the greedy f**k**s that employ them exploit this and the fact they would get less in their homeland and the system allows it. So their fault? No,more like greed and the system.
If everyone gets a good wage and does a good job then I couldn't careless where you're from.
Or maybe we could get rid of everyone who isn't 100% British then make all the millions and millions of Brits abroad(only fair to the rest of the world really) come back to take the jobs because the majority of people blaming migrants for them not having a job are merely work shy T***s.
I couldn't agree more with flynnyman about the rates,in the past I've been on loads jobs where people wouldn't discuss it thinking they were on more than me and would drop down if they mentioned it,the majority of times they were on less. Personally I've always been open about it. More honesty in the game would be good for all of us but ain't gonna happen.

not that bad worked for them for 3 years. never had any problems as long as work good. thinkits about 2.50

Status
Not open for further replies.