skim rates

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic you got told off a plasterer who got told of his boss so in other words it was from the boss if we are to believe anythin (didnt say your lyin).
You might not tell anyone but ive met plenty who say "well these lads are happy with the rates so like it or lump it".
Its getting boring blaming polish workers for the state of things its a combination of plenty of things we will be blaming B&Q soon for there 1 day talks on plastering tut tut.

i no u werent sayin i was lying mate. think we might be a bit cross wires lol. anyway, who cares......... :)

i was blaming the poles btw, was more the fact that it was £1 p/m, (if its true!)

So your blaming the poles (and thats a whole nation of people) for somethin that might not be true and probably isnt. Lets imagine it is £1 a metre its upto you wether you work for it i for one wouldnt but there are plenty who will if the bills need payin polish or english (lets be fair there arent that many english workin or in this country). Its a load of bollox i heard this, my mate said that and on it goes like i said earlier ive been in the game over 20 years and have met one foreign plaster and ive been on hundreds of sites.

lol. fuk sake. its midnight. im tired. i meant to put WASNT blaming the poles, it was more that it was £1 per meter

So your blaming the poles (and thats a whole nation of people) for somethin that might not be true and probably isnt. Lets imagine it is £1 a metre its upto you wether you work for it i for one wouldnt but there are plenty who will if the bills need payin polish or english (lets be fair there arent that many english workin or in this country). Its a load of bollox i heard this, my mate said that and on it goes like i said earlier ive been in the game over 20 years and have met one foreign plaster and ive been on hundreds of sites.[/QUOTE

how do you now it isnt true w**k*r chops?

afternoon btw

Flynny I've never worked on a job along side any foreigners either but whenever I've placed an add in the local paper looking for extra labour I get loads of calls from them and have had plenty just turn up on site looking for work. I've also had lads come to work for me who have just come from sites up in the smoke where the were the only English apart from management.
A mate who drives HGVs and he says that his job is absolutely over run with foreigners, so just because you've not come across them don't think for one minute that there aren't loads about.

i worked in london for a firm for 20 years. i finally had enough of trying to even make day work due to the fact the albanians and poles were being taken on and work for stupid rates.Flynnyman you try earning a living getting 2.20 a mtr skimming 4 mtr high walls off a podium, and come back to us when god forbid you cant pay your mortgage due to the fact there's to many migrant workers. rant over

post like that in public forums which make "agents" think that the prices are alright and we are just moaning

i think you joking but others may take is a truth

Which post is that the one mentioning the rates or me sayin i could make it pay? s**t rates but yes i could make it pay and if you think this forum is setting the rates on site you are feeding the conspiricy boys who think accountants rip people off ;)

i worked in london for a firm for 20 years. i finally had enough of trying to even make day work due to the fact the albanians and poles were being taken on and work for stupid rates.Flynnyman you try earning a living getting 2.20 a mtr skimming 4 mtr high walls off a podium, and come back to us when god forbid you cant pay your mortgage due to the fact there's to many migrant workers. rant over
who did you work for john

Agents don't need to look on places like these. Unfortunately there's bloke talking cobblers like that on sites all over the country

Which post is that the one mentioning the rates or me sayin i could make it pay? s**t rates but yes i could make it pay and if you think this forum is setting the rates on site you are feeding the conspiricy boys who think accountants rip people off ;)
You're used to 70 quid a day then fanny

yeah they are mostly the same at mo doing a job for a develepor but work for cpc uk alot and stanmore and lightweight drywall

Almost every bloke on here could 6/7/8 bags a day but my argument is we shouldn't be having to to make a reasonable wage . It's work not a my cocks bigger than yours contest

4 bags a day per man is plenty ! aslong as its not a hallway with 4,563 doors in it like the 1 just finished . NIGHTMARE thank fek it wasnt a monday or i woulda been head first out the window

4 bags a day per man is plenty ! aslong as its not a hallway with 4,563 doors in it like the 1 just finished . NIGHTMARE thank fek it wasnt a monday or i woulda been head first out the window

"Four bags a day plenty" you must be kidding, that's feck all. On standard new build housing you've got to be looking at averaging 65-75 m2. to a good finish and a lot of lads will do a fair bit more.

not for daywork tho.... its too much graft for a days money if everyone was being fair in an ideal world

i had a lovely one last week. h/s/l. 25 different angles in it. never seen anything like it. took me 2 days and 5 hits with a lab to skim 7 bags. and it was hard work. all off ladders as couldnt reach any of the ceilings. never again

not for daywork tho.... its too much graft for a days money if everyone was being fair in an ideal world

i had a lovely one last week. h/s/l. 25 different angles in it. never seen anything like it. took me 2 days and 5 hits with a lab to skim 7 bags. and it was hard work. all off ladders as couldnt reach any of the ceilings. never again

Sorry Nick not on day work or awkward work. But if you're getting regular day work of someone I still don't think it's to much for them to expect 55m2 on straight forward work in this present climate.

andy that works out to about 2.20-30 a metre. even if i got regular work off a subbie i wouldnt do it for that

Status
Not open for further replies.