Show me your posher!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Yes but I ment the mixing of the gear. Like say 3-5 min with the drill or 6-8 with a plunger, for a 1 bag mix.

Or or am I just a pussy???

Depends on how hard you want to work but should be able to do it a bit quicker than those times mate :RpS_thumbup:

Once the rhythm is going it's ok. Tall bucket half full water, 1/4 of a bag in (old 50kg bag) mix it up and add the rest until a creamy consistency.
Best back, shoulder, trap and forearm workout anyone could ask for.

I looked for mine today. The old man said he chucked it out a couple of years ago! "You said you'd never use that again son when you got that drill thing!"

Personally I believe that the old ways of mixing up got us young labourers fit and strong enough to not struggle so much when getting on the tools. It also got us in the mindset of working hard and I for one don't look back with any regrets at all the thrashing away mixing by hand.
I'd love to be able to do a vid of mixing a bucket with a plodger for you @beddy but I get out of breath so quick now I wouldn't be able to do it justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right there Andy, it's the only way to learn. If you don't know how to mix properly, fast and consistently how are you supposed to show the lab how to do it???
It was the hardest of all jobs and I'd still say that a good labourer is a trade in itself.
If I can find my plodger I'll do a video and post it - as long as I can knock it up in less than 2 minutes :RpS_scared:

AhRRRRRRRR you two are starting something now i know exactly where mine is and will get it out the shed and also try and do a video but, I just have a vision of lots of videos of weezing old men leaning over buckets and paramedics on standby :RpS_crying: :RpS_laugh:

haha i know exactly where my one is cos i only took it out of the truck a little while ago but its one of the newer type ones like this
images

You're right there Andy, it's the only way to learn. If you don't know how to mix properly, fast and consistently how are you supposed to show the lab how to do it???
It was the hardest of all jobs and I'd still say that a good labourer is a trade in itself.
If I can find my plodger I'll do a video and post it - as long as I can knock it up in less than 2 minutes :RpS_scared:

it's more about seeing the technique. I tried it once or twice as a lab but used it from the start instead of a stick. seemed a right ball ache

Need danny to open some kind of comp page fastest tall bucket of skim. Get some prizes off the sponsors.

Need danny to open some kind of comp page fastest tall bucket of skim. Get some prizes off the sponsors.

I like the idea but doubt i could win a prize now ! maybe a head stone or plaque would be good tho :RpS_biggrin: :RpS_unsure:

Personally I believe that the old ways of mixing up got us young labourers fit and strong enough to not struggle so much when getting on the tools. It also got us in the mindset of working hard and I for one don't look back with any regrets at all the thrashing away mixing by hand.
I'd love to be able to do a vid of mixing a bucket with a plodger for you @beddy but I get out of breath so quick now I wouldn't be able to do it justice.

If i do a video i will turn the sound off for that reason :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.