Show me your posher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid8

Get your Posher out for the lads!
or whatever you call yours (different regions give them other names, Podger, Plunger etc)
what do you call yours?
some of you old boys must have one

some of you old boysmust have one.

Get it out for the lads :RpS_thumbup:
Sid

Is yours made with a bike cog. Seen some lately in stax for about 20 quid
I had it made 27 years ago, with a long handle to save my back. Yes it's a bike cog as we used to call them. And no it has not seen 27 years service,I am not mad!

My uncle always told me how he used to mix up with a bike cog on a pole! When I first started we had one of the standard shop brought ones used to use it a fair bit for smaller mixes but tend to just use a mixer now.

I thought my old sprocket podger was in my messy shed but I can't find it! I found a podger though but not my original.

Got a custom made iron podger. Its in my lockup next to @beddy s grolsch crate. Should get to it by next spring I hope :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
would you mixa full plasterers bucket with one of these or just a builders bucket? Would like to see a vid of somebody mixing with one. to see if its as quick as they say

would you mixa full plasterers bucket with one of these or just a builders bucket? Would like to see a vid of somebody mixing with one. to see if its as quick as they say

I always use a stick first to get it something like, then finish off with the posher.

you not used a podger steve?? i was made to use one when i was labouring/learning until i could get the mix right everytime all the time and once i could do it for a couple of months i was given a mixer, except if the power mixer was found dirty or the mix i gave them was crap i had to go back to the podger for the rest of the week, was ok on a friday afternoon but a cu nt if you had a monday morning fu ck up.
best way to learn though i reckon makes you realise how easy power tools make our job now

do a video next time you use it? I just can't see it being quicker
theres no way if you had someone on say my mixer for example the mm30 with a 180 neg paddle vs someone with a podger both mixing one bag in a white tall bucket that the podger would be quicker

Posher thought this tread was about the southern monkey larger top drinking posh boys ;)

It's a fckin podger FFS!

3 months I was on one of these bad boys!! Although the tight ass spreads I was mixing for didn't give me one of these it was a piece of 2/1 (stick) and a 600mm whisk (podger) back nearly broke at 17 :'(

I've used them podgers the proper ones and I kid you not they a piece of piss compared to using a whisk to knock up finish I'm telling ya!

we called them plungers, dont forget by the time we got to mix the setting with a bit of wood and the plunger we had already knocked up 20 plus large bags (50kg) of floating with a shovel and garden rake :RpS_scared:

Had to learn the art of mixing with a stick and podger. my refina has been ill for a long time. Didn't flinch at the thought of having to embrace the stick n podger.Realy gets your blood flowing and gets you pumped up. always good to have one in the van. Like to make it clear to the tpf massive that it felt like i'd won the lottery when my refina was repaired.

Hey Ray it was about 1990 when the boss brought a whisk on site and i remember all the spreads laughing at it saying " it will never take off" wtf

we called it a plunger and it was the luxury item for the labourer. he used a metal builders bucket as they would rip the sides out of a plastic bucket giving you little black pieces in the sirapite. he also had a hand whisk and a bucket trowel shaped out of a piece of 4" skirting. they all had arms like popeye, as they would mix the corse stuff, and screed by hand.
we had electric paddles long before most people as we started doing ewi by the late eighties and that material is to heavy to mix by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.