Show me your posher!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i allways have one with me i was doing a job couple of weeks ago and the 110 box packed up the middle of a set u cant go home then out comes the plunger to save the day dont see why its such had work plasters are gone soft

would you mixa full plasterers bucket with one of these or just a builders bucket? Would like to see a vid of somebody mixing with one. to see if its as quick as they say

90 seconds was my record , back in the day and that was a plasterers bucket , never ever used a builders bucket , it was price work not nice work Steveo .

I think I used to mix in two mins on average, used to mix two big buckets before I started, now labourer needs 5 mins with whisk.

anyone before 1990 be using these all day long, electric drill wern't even out yet.

Ray around 1980 snoplast one coat plaster appeared and we had a electric drill for mixing. Snoplast soon became thistle one coat or thistle universal and still impossible to mix properly unless you've got a drill.

90 seconds was my record , back in the day and that was a plasterers bucket , never ever used a builders bucket , it was price work not nice work Steveo .

thats some going jezza. no wonder all the old boys are ****** these days

not to mention knocking up baths of browing with a rake and shovel , madness really looking back

thats some going jezza. no wonder all the old boys are ****** these days

Steve i have a picture of my whisk but dont know how to post it can i send it to you and you sort it ? And maybe you could send me a pic or 2 of your mrs in return ?

not to mention knocking up baths of browing with a rake and shovel , madness really looking back

we did a 2 bed flat in browning when I first started and i kept 3 blokes going with a shovel and bath. 2 days of it and I was absolutely ******. hats off to the lads who did it day in day out. I think that's why im reluctant to mix up by hand lol

they were 50kg big boy bags in them days steve , im not sure looking back how i done it tbh :RpS_unsure:

Lol no saw an old bike crank plunger for years aye us spreads are spoiled now all the mod cons remember the mixing bath shovel and rake in the morning buckets of finish in afternoon end up built like tarzan

I would need to stop and have a smoke after stirring it with the stick just to get me breathe back :RpS_lol: fook knows what i'd be like after i'd used the plunger now. At one point when i was an apprentice we had no labourer so i had to knock all the gear up for 2 spreads and then knock me own gear up ! I could see me toes without suck'n me belly in then :RpS_laugh: Happy days

Like everyone else I was brainwashed into thinking that you cant mix browning in a cement mixer, what crap, whether its a half bag belle mixer or a 10 7 mixer which can take 12 bags of browning it mixes great. If you haven't tried it give it a go.

I would need to stop and have a smoke after stirring it with the stick just to get me breathe back :RpS_lol: fook knows what i'd be like after i'd used the plunger now. At one point when i was an apprentice we had no labourer so i had to knock all the gear up for 2 spreads and then knock me own gear up ! I could see me toes without suck'n me belly in then :RpS_laugh: Happy days

the good old days :RpS_laugh:

Ime going to bed ime feeling knackered reading this, podger I started with a bit if stick with some nails in it, nite nite

the good old plunger.
we still used them today on 1 day jobs, stopped everyday use about 6 year ago though. i still remember our older labourer with stick and plunger going bag for bag with the younger labourer using genny and wisk, it must of took the old timer a good year to actually leave the plunger in the van.

Can someone explain the processes. I use a plunger for small sets and find it sooooooo slow compared to the wizzer.

i would use a stick (2"x1" or similar) and my gauging trowel to scrape the dry off the bucket sides and any dry off the stick, this roughly gets the mix to something like the consistency you like, then finish off with the posher with a up, down and twisting action. Some people use the posher from start to finish, but i find this hard work and prefer to use the stick to start. there is a knack to it but after a few buckets you soon get into a rhythm. The trick is to keep the bucket sides and stick clear of dry build up.
if you buy a mixer with the wrong type of paddle then the posher is much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.