sheeting up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but read the thread, people refusing to do it,throwing toys out of their prams,

I agrre John, But by the same token 1 slip of a trowel or drop of a tool etc and whos responsible for a damged kitchen or wallpaper etc as per original post.

My point is that yes by all means take the work but be very very sure to cover your arse in writing ref potential damage and liability and put the onus on the customer to accept it as theres.

Coz they sure as hell aren't going to remember or appreciate your best made efforts when something goes tits up!!! will just be finger waggling and a potential heavy expense all for at best a days work.

At the end of the day the rewards got to be worth the risk!!! and these poxy jobs for all that hastle just aren't!!!

Personaly I turn loads of these jobs away, skimming over kitchens, Bathroom suites etc etc unless they agree my written terms first!!!:RpS_thumbup:

I agrre John, But by the same token 1 slip of a trowel or drop of a tool etc and whos responsible for a damged kitchen or wallpaper etc as per original post.

My point is that yes by all means take the work but be very very sure to cover your arse in writing ref potential damage and liability and put the onus on the customer to accept it as theres.

Coz they sure as hell aren't going to remember or appreciate your best made efforts when something goes tits up!!! will just be finger waggling and a potential heavy expense all for at best a days work.

At the end of the day the rewards got to be worth the risk!!! and these poxy jobs for all that hastle just aren't!!!

Personaly I turn loads of these jobs away, skimming over kitchens, Bathroom suites etc etc unless they agree my written terms first!!!:RpS_thumbup:

Fair point

@zombie written terms over damage is not worth the paper it's written on. Watched a programme about it with that dom littlewood in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very educational thread folks thank you. 2-5 years down the line it is threads like this which will save me half a dozen botch jobs before I realise..."ffs turn it away or tape it up properly and get written terms!"

Here's one for you. You got a ceiling to overskim. Just the ceiling but the walls have expensive wallpaper on. There's no cove to tack any plastic sheeting to so you can protect the walls when splashing around PVA and skimming. So how do you spreads protect the walls? Be nice to get a few new ideas. How would you go about it? Nothing worse than jobs like this where customer wants rid of artex ceiling but wants to keep £ shitloads a roll wallpaper.

you cant make an omelette without breaking eggs pal!

@zombie written terms over damage is not worth the paper it's written on. Watched a programme about it with that dom littlewood in it.

Your right i'm sure gooner has posted on here somewhere that legally we as "the experts" ahem, are responsible regardless of what may be agreed with the customer so, it's a case of weighing up the risk''s and then walk or do it.

You can make an omelette with out cracking eggs.....use powdered egg:flapper:

overcome and persevere:)

Status
Not open for further replies.