sheeting myself

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a number of things but i think without a good key it will fail and skimming on a smooth render i think your asking for trouble, also a sandy render you will have problems from the off and like you say shrinkage will cause problems if you get on it too early. Every time ive seen finish fail on render the key has been the problem coz it aint usually there or it aint deep enough.

If you saw my scratch float you'd be horrified then lol. The screws stick through no more than 2mm at a guess.

ok chaps thanks for ya imput its definatly given me something to think about..i know what ill be doing from now on...now to go and see the customer

My guess is with Essex Andy, my mate has just had a load of damp reapir work done after a flood last xmas.Some of the render is on up around 25 mm thick.Its been skimmed over 3 weeks now, and cracks have appered,i`ve dug one crack out and stuck a damp meter in ther and its pretty damp under there.Now the loss adjuster has seen it he has to live withese cracks untill he signs it as dry enough to be reskimmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.