Self employed.

Members online

Thing is I bet any1 who does there own accounts barely gets £1000 bk and uve got all ur fcking about doing it..or get an accountant pay him £250 tops If ur 1 msn band self employed and he will deduct that from ur gross then get u £3000 back..its a no brainer!
Got back bugger all last year and year before, paid tax, this year will be same.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Got back bugger all last year and year before, paid tax, this year will be same.

That means your earning too bloody much....leave some for the rest of us you hungry c**t(y)

You need an accountant asap. Register as self employed and you will get a UTR number. Keep records of all your incoming and outgoings. Keep fuel receipts etc. I'm not sure you are ready for this yet mate, I'd recommend getting some more experience, try and develop your business mind aswell as your practical skills.

That means your earning too bloody much....leave some for the rest of us you hungry c**t(y)
Get in the queue bud, if I'd earn too much I'd be texting from the f**k**g Bahamas

Ye but a accountant will get u money back! How much did u get bk self assessment last year? Wen I was self employed 3 year ago my accountant got me bk £2500-£3000 back every year and he cost £220

Less than £1000 mate but I didn't loose anything!

I couldn't fault an accountant and would never advise against one but for what I earn a year on paper just doesn't warrant me having one, I do a hell of a lot of subbying too for the same firm so sometimes I could go weeks earning the same money without paying anything out or earning a bit more or.less money so my books are easy to keep track of.

Id definitely get one when I start loosing touch of it all !

You need an accountant asap. Register as self employed and you will get a UTR number. Keep records of all your incoming and outgoings. Keep fuel receipts etc. I'm not sure you are ready for this yet mate, I'd recommend getting some more experience, try and develop your business mind aswell as your practical skills.
If there was someone taking on that pays my rent my car insurance and everything to follow I'd happily go for It!

Last edited:
Less than £1000 mate but I didn't loose anything!

I couldn't fault an accountant and would never advise against one but for what I earn a year on paper just doesn't warrant me having one, I do a hell of a lot of subbying too for the same firm so sometimes I could go weeks earning the same money without paying anything out or earning a bit more or.less money so my books are easy to keep track of.

Id definitely get one when I start loosing touch of it all !
Get an accountant pal and ull kick urself u dint do it sooner

jokin right there is s**t loads a subby can offset against tax mine puts evrerything through I'd change mate if your getting cockall back

jokin right there is s**t loads a subby can offset against tax mine puts evrerything through I'd change mate if your getting cockall back
Nah, I'm dead serious, I offset everything what's possible even push a few questionable through.

I'm confused. Do you not pay any tax and hmrc give you 2k?
Think what they mean is pug they pay their tax weekly /monthly then the accountants get them a rebate as they have overpayed in tax once the accountants claimed bk expenses etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a daft t**t! I remember the days of sc60s. Was like a savings club. Did my own books then too.

We are in a good trade for claiming expenses back.
If you don't have much of an idea about it I'd definitely recommend a accountant.
I've been doing mine myself for a few years now and once you get to know what you can and can't push through its simple enough to do.
It's having the b*ll***s to actually press submit.
With an accountant it's their neck on it not yours as at any point hmrc can ask you to prove what you've put through.

But you can easily get £2k back each year providing you keep a track of everything.

It's easy to forget about the little things but they all add up.

Apart from the obvious expenses what else do people sneak in there? Laundry, stationary etc but what else?

Zolco doing ur own books is a false economy..a accountant knows alot more than we do knw matter how brainy we are plus his charge comes off ur gross earnings plus he will get u more bk than ourselfs wud..makes me chuckle wen people say I do mine fck paying a accountant etc
I do my own and i get back just as much as any accountant could

I do my own and i get back just as much as any accountant could

That's no doubt true, but it still costs you more than using an accountant.

As already mentioned a few times an accountant is 100% deductable so using one costs the business nothing. If you do your own books it takes time, your time, which costs you. That time could be spent on the business earning you more, or spent doing things you enjoy.

Takes me no time i keep receipts for everything my missus adds them up i do rest in 20 mins i only do site work

Takes me no time i keep receipts for everything my missus adds them up i do rest in 20 mins i only do site work

If it works for you that's fine, but it's not "no time" is it? Your Mrs adding them up, you having to keep up with allowances, changes to those allowances and rules etc. If you don't keep up to speed then it costs you money as you loose out. Sod that for a game.

No time is putting all your reciepts in a floder and posting it to the accountant every three months.

My accountant makes me more money than he costs and he has set up more deals for me... he is my best referrer...

Doing it yourself is fine... but... you will leave money on the table...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I tried signing on when I was fighting for my life (literally) !and was handed f**k all so now I do what I can to avoid (legally)...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pug