Self employed.

eox

So I'm guess many of you are self employed and have been established for many years just wondering if any of you have any tips and advice for someone just starting out?
All advice is apriciated and thanks in advance ✌

Turn up when you say you will. Tidy up when your done. Keep your books up to date.
Thanks for that I was thinking along the lines of businesses side of things thinks I need to do etc...

Serious question why would I need an accountant? I'm not registered and if I need to register what do I do sorry to be stupid here

Always leave Wednesday free to sign on..always factor in a crate of tizer/iron bru into the price (no compromise) on that,never work For £20 a day im on £25 now thank god..and always explain to builders/clients that all skimming needs a sand blast after uve finished as it paints better..

I've literally just started got quite a bit of work all cash in hand though that's why I'm askiing for help guidance advice

Always leave Wednesday free to sign on..always factor in a crate of tizer/iron bru into the price (no compromise) on that,never work For £20 a day im on £25 now thank god..and always explain to builders/clients that all skimming needs a sand blast after uve finished as it paints better..
Never signed on in my life so don't go there

I've literally just started got quite a bit of work all cash in hand though that's why I'm askiing for help guidance advice
You meant to do a self assessment I think, what you can backdate to the date you started trading. I can't remember the details hence get an accountant they will be able to answer your questions in depth.
But if it's all cash, just take the money and enjoy life lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You meant to do a self assessment I think, what you can backdate to the date you started trading. I can't remember the details hence get an accountant they will be able to answer your questions in depth.
But if it's all cash, just take the money and enjoy life lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
So to go on my own I don't need to do any thing just carry on doing what I'm Doing?

The two most frequent (and frustrating) problems you'll encounter are:-
1) People. Customers, subbies to you, people you sub to, other trades on site, other trades doing their work first, other trades not doing their work first etc. etc.
2) Suppliers. Wrong materials, out of stock, priced incorrectly, delivered late, not delivered, out of date, damaged, too much, too little, incorrectly packaged etc. etc.

Other than that it's a breeze. (y)

Well, unless you don't have an accountant and HMRC take a shine to you. In which case you should start preparing yourself. Simple things like kicking the soap to the shower wall before you pick it up will help. :whistle:

The two most frequent (and frustrating) problems you'll encounter are:-
1) People. Customers, subbies to you, people you sub to, other trades on site, other trades doing their work first, other trades not doing their work first etc. etc.
2) Suppliers. Wrong materials, out of stock, priced incorrectly, delivered late, not delivered, out of date, damaged, too much, too little, incorrectly packaged etc. etc.

Other than that it's a breeze. (y)

Well, unless you don't have an accountant and HMRC take a shine to you. In which case you should start preparing yourself. Simple things like kicking the soap to the shower wall before you pick it up will help. :whistle:
Thanks mate helps a lot I'm going to look in to an accountant tomorrow and go from there I think