Self employed payment

Members online

How do u stay into it by mistake? Surely all materials uve bought for ur house would have covered all that vat
It was 2018 , normal procedure I’d bill for myself and for another separately , so invoice for A and invoice for B , b would be on day rate and his payment would cover x days , problem was builders were paying too slow so I paid B and had to invoice for a&b , so my turnover hit £95k

It was 2018 , normal procedure I’d bill for myself and for another separately , so invoice for A and invoice for B , b would be on day rate and his payment would cover x days , problem was builders were paying too slow so I paid B and had to invoice for a&b , so my turnover hit £95k

With a private customer maybe, but to a vat registered business it makes no difference as they’d claim it back next quarter. When I registered for vat in the 90s, they backdated it 3 months, so I contacted the two companies I’d been working for, explained the situation and they paid me the vat. One of them was Barclays Bank who I was doing a lot of work for at the time, and banks are normally tight as f**k.

“As your turnover is now below the deregistration threshold you are Eligible for liable no longer Liable action ,this is where you are registered for the period when you exceeded the Vat registration period and only liable for Vat in this period , I have looked at the information given and this shows that you should be registered for the period 1/aug 2019-28 feb 2019 ( sic)”

With a private customer maybe, but to a vat registered business it makes no difference as they’d claim it back next quarter. When I registered for vat in the 90s, they backdated it 3 months, so I contacted the two companies I’d been working for, explained the situation and they paid me the vat. One of them was Barclays Bank who I was doing a lot of work for at the time, and banks are normally tight as f**k.
July 2018 it’s a long way back

“As your turnover is now below the deregistration threshold you are Eligible for liable no longer Liable action ,this is where you are registered for the period when you exceeded the Vat registration period and only liable for Vat in this period , I have looked at the information given and this shows that you

should be registered for the period 1/aug 2019-28 feb 2019 ( sic)”
Comments?
It’s a head shaker

You’d have to check with HMRC to see if there is a time limit.
They only care about what they will take from
You , they say that I earned 45k in the six months that I should of been vat regd , they allowed me 15percent and want the £6500

Looking forward to spending the £78 I’m getting

your getting more than me
shes getting all of it ....

but I have got these :whistle:
20200514_210242.jpg

Had to ban myself from jelly babies, especially the powdery ones, can demolish a bag of them
I think every sweet is just moorish though mate I’m refraining myself from going shop now!!! All this talk of sweetical delights

I think every sweet is just moorish though mate I’m refraining myself from going shop now!!! All this talk of sweetical delights
Humbugs , but good quality humbugs that go really chewy. Have you been to cheddar gorge? Love taking kids up there. There's an amazing sweet shop where they make the sweets in front of you. The cheese shop isn't bad either :rico:

Humbugs , but good quality humbugs that go really chewy. Have you been to cheddar gorge? Love taking kids up there. There's an amazing sweet shop where they make the sweets in front of you. The cheese shop isn't bad either :rico:
Never been but you’ve literally sold it to me with the sweet shop!! Not a big cheese fan to be honest

Always see the sign for it when I’m driving up M5 and always thought about going but never have maybe have a look when all this shite is over
Well talking about over still in lockdown for a nother two weeks Wales 3.5million populastion. 128 cases yesterday 10 deaths shourley they can relax this lockdown here what f**k going on!!

Well talking about over still in lockdown for a nother two weeks Wales 3.5million populastion. 128 cases yesterday 10 deaths shourley they can relax this lockdown here what f**k going on!!
I just hope it going to desapear like Sars did 17 years ago

[/QUOTE
Just got to keep doing what they say they’re the so called experts

Pretty sure I said I price them around £170 as it's basically feels like a day off. You're never going to get 5 plasterboarded ceilings a week. So the rest of the week I charge for full days and earn a decent amount.

Not sure how it's got to comparing me to someone earning £120 a day, day in day out.

And tbh yes I would take 5 boarded ceilings at £170 a day. My days of grafting are done, I don't need to anymore. £2800 a month - a tank of diesel and 30 bags of plaster sounds lovely about now

I think the point @Pl plastering is getting at is this is not good business...doesn't matter how long you take it's drastically undercharged...most would be charging rate for the day...no matter how long it takes...'no such things as half days' So £300 per ceiling would be fair price and what most others would charge. If you undercharge it affects everyone.

I think the point @Pl plastering is getting at is this is not good business...doesn't matter how long you take it's drastically undercharged...most would be charging rate for the day...no matter how long it takes...'no such things as half days' So £300 per ceiling would be fair price and what most others would charge. If you undercharge it affects everyone.
Been self employed a long time and make good money so it is good business for me (y)

Subject to regional differences in price.
As said before if you want £300 a ceiling you would literally never work more than a few days a year in Liverpool

Did you see on the news about that bloke in South Korea? Didn't know he had it, went out on a Saturday night and infected 32 people.

If they hadn't traced them then each of them infects another 32 and so on. They shut all the bars and clubs again to try and stop it.