Self assessment

Do any body use an accountant to do their tax returns or do it themselves,cheers

it all depends on your position. if you require mortgage or a loan then an accountant will produce a nice booklet for you and charge you a grand.
if you don't want to go down this route then complete the form on line.
if you have a tax office that is still open in your area just pop in , they will sort it out for you while you can just sit there drinking a coffee !

it all depends on your position. if you require mortgage or a loan then an accountant will produce a nice booklet for you and charge you a grand.
if you don't want to go down this route then complete the form on line.
if you have a tax office that is still open in your area just pop in , they will sort it out for you while you can just sit there drinking a coffee !
Went in mine when I changed to online and they couldn't have been more helpful , great service

Phone up , tell them your a bit dumb ( no problem here ) and they'll sort it

I'm a sole trader but still use an accountant, well worth it in my opinion for peace of mind and they know exactly how much and what they can get away with.. costs me between £600-900 ish.

My accountant is £350 for sole trader if I keep good understandable records. But he knows what you can claim like a room in your house as office, even a cleaner. He covers his fee and a profit and loss sheet for financial matters if ever needed.

My accountant is £350 for sole trader if I keep good understandable records. But he knows what you can claim like a room in your house as office, even a cleaner. He covers his fee and a profit and loss sheet for financial matters if ever needed.
Mines about the same
I just give him a box of paperwork and he's does it all...about 3 to 400

Been using quick books you can do a free trial to see if you like it or not have to say am impressed, won’t lie takes a bit of time to get used to it but there’s info guides on YouTube to help you along I’d say set aside 2 hours a week for a couple of weeks to get your head round it then will reap the benefits once you understand how to use it ,
Hope this helps last thing we all want is wasting time doing paper work when can be on the trowel earning money

My mrs does it , I’m trying to stay under the vat bracket but had £95k turnover last year , will be under that this year due to time off etc

They’d charge £1200 - £1500 here

I want to adopt my accountant as my new grandad... well he’d be offended, think he’s actually my dad’s age... but he’s so lovely!

I’m pretty sure he undercharges me too because he’s a beaut!

I k
I know you cannot claim for your sandwiches.
Bastards.

My mrs does it , I’m trying to stay under the vat bracket but had £95k turnover last year , will be under that this year due to time off etc
VAT threshold is not calculated on years turnover.
Better check you may need to register.

VAT threshold is not calculated on years turnover.
Better check you may need to register.

I'm pretty certain it is.. or according to the government website it is, what do you think it's calculated on?

It's currently £85,000.

Course its calculated on turnover! Goes by year to year when you formed your buisness..I.e if you formed in month of may it goes to year after may not April to april etc..its £85k

I'm sure it's a rolling year so you always need to know you are under limit monthly based on previous year from any month ....
That's how it was explained to me by my accountant ...?

As Martin said rolling year, so any twelve month period regardless of when you make up your books.