Seen this shared on a Facebook page. How long before it transfers trades

Hi all

Recently completed 8 week C&G course level 1, have been pushing for work since. Did some flyering door to door today and was pulled in by a lady who was renovating her house.

Talk about jumping in at the deep end! check out the photos...brick work is uneven and heavly painted with gloss.

What do you reckon chip off sections of gloss and dot dab skim? or will bonding stick to gloss? my instructor says nothing will, from my understanding some people on this forum cover whole walls in bonding? i was never taught this at college, surely it sets to quickly, and the finish very hard to get even? have i read this wrong?

or

Paintstrip (no doubt very time consuming) then float coat + skim?

or

screw in wooden battens, board up skim? ::)

What would you guys do to get it flush with door frame? as every other brick is already in line with it, and boarding will bring the wall out at least inch.

thats just the start more photos soon!

What do you guys do if lots of prep work required e.g. radiators to come of wall, curtain rails, coat hangers etc...tell the customer if they don't do it..will cost extra or just price it in?

IMG_0645-vi.jpg

IMG_0647-vi.jpg

IMG_0648-vi.jpg

IMG_0650-vi.jpg

IMG_0646-vi.jpg

cool forum!

cheers Aaron

Trades people living wage - £275 per day. (2020)

Select for moderation Report
This was around ten years ago mate, have you actually broken in a trowel ???
just asking x
Ha I wondered why you clicked like @zombie

Nice one mate! The old lady is still panicking and won’t go in any shops or be around anyone but we did have a bbq Wednesday and also had the in-laws round, it was lovely feeling a bit normal for a change!
mrs.cockney looking forward to move up north as much as you are then cockney

You said you would gladly do them 5 days a week at £170..3 hours is a days earning robbo..you cant do them 5 days a week because you have not got the client base or skill set,so in return you can only book 3 days a week in..did materials teleport to these jobs your doing? Did you teleport to the jobs to price? Did u not use any diesel? Do you not have any insurances? (Cowboy) the list is endless..what a bizarre bloke
Noone has the client base to do 1 pb ceiling a day 5 days a week. What are you on about? Enjoy your 2k houses while I'm getting 5k.
And 5million insurance is like £100 a year you mong

Noone has the client base to do 1 pb ceiling a day 5 days a week. What are you on about? Enjoy your 2k houses while I'm getting 5k.
And 5million insurance is like £100 a year you mong
Van insurance? Buisness insurance? What's with name calling robbo? You can tell your a lefty,always resort to name calling and being vile..you wont have buisness insurance will you.and who's getting £2k for a house lol? We have done a job which isnt a house over four days that's was £2046÷2 people is £255.75 a day each.started at 8 and finished at 2.30..and we will most prob get about 10 beads and 8 bags of multi when job is done as we take the left over materials,you really need to get a grip robbo.aim for the stars,stop going sideways in life..sideways robbo

Van insurance? Buisness insurance? What's with name calling robbo? You can tell your a lefty,always resort to name calling and being vile..you wont have buisness insurance will you.and who's getting £2k for a house lol? We have done a job which isnt a house over four days that's was £2046÷2 people is £255.75 a day each.started at 8 and finished at 2.30..and we will most prob get about 10 beads and 8 bags of multi when job is done as we take the left over materials,you really need to get a grip robbo.aim for the stars,stop going sideways in life..sideways robbo
£255 a day and giving it the biggun hahahaha
You've really reached the stars there mate

£255 a day and giving it the biggun hahahaha
You've really reached the stars there mate
You dont get the point do u,wasnt about giving it the bigun,was about you being a bottom feeder charging £170 a day to skim a ceiling :risas: havnt touched the sides about giving it the bigun,I'd be surprised if you have seen £100 gross profit of any day of ur working life tbh..very surprised bottom feeder

You dont get the point do u,wasnt about giving it the bigun,was about you being a bottom feeder charging £170 a day to skim a ceiling :risas: havnt touched the sides about giving it the bigun
£255 a day probably putting on 4 of 5 bags a day . Taking the piss out of someone charging £170 for putting on a bag and half :risas:. You've made yourself look a right t**t there mate. Enjoy your Sunday

Nice one mate! The old lady is still panicking and won’t go in any shops or be around anyone but we did have a bbq Wednesday and also had the in-laws round, it was lovely feeling a bit normal for a change!
There’s an intensive care nurse lives opposite me. Front line worker. She has her mother and father in law round, kids friends, house viewings etc etc. Makes you wonder.
The media have pedalled the fear hard and strong.

There’s an intensive care nurse lives opposite me. Front line worker. She has her mother and father in law round, kids friends, house viewings etc etc. Makes you wonder.
The media have pedalled the fear hard and strong.
The media and government have definitely done a very good job of putting the fear of Christ into everyone for sure.

Lots of scientists calling it the panic virus now,back trakking..theres 100% a virus I'm not in that tin foil hat society but it's been blown up,like I've said numerous times,news and journalists fault there love it.there was s article a week or so bk in paper about a woman giving birth dying or sumat and headline was she died of corona,read down to bottom and it said she just had it in her system and couldn't be 100% sure that was the cause of death but headline didnt say that

God this place is F*****g boring with the my dicks bigger than your dick bollox about money!

Knowones ever got rich plastering ffs get over yer sens!!!!

why cant these boys zombie....
go ride the misses
few cans of Guinness for breakfast
play a bit of red dead redemption
and all just chill the fuuck out man

oh and a bit of absolute radio 90s

morning mate
morning rest of you hairy little creatures (y) (y)

why cant these boys zombie....
go ride the misses
few cans of Guinness for breakfast
play a bit of red dead redemption
and all just chill the fuuck out man

oh and a bit of absolute radio 90s

morning mate
morning rest of you hairy little creatures (y) (y)
Last night I rid the misses
Played nintendo mario kart with daughter
Drank old mount cider

Does this count?
And I've just done 2 morning workouts to cancel out my roast duck roast later..

Starting a 4 bed house all freshly boarded in 2 weeks time. £5900, £5100 labour. A very cushty months work working 3 days a week. But yeah, act like you know my incomings because I said on the rare times I get a single pb ceiling I'd charge £170. What a bizzare bloke
Don’t know how the peeps u work for, let u take a whole month to skim a house on 3 day weeks, your some kind of joker

Don’t know how the peeps u work for, let u take a whole month to skim a house on 3 day weeks, your some kind of joker
He's in no rush. There's a pandemic going on if you hadn't heard