Seen this shared on a Facebook page. How long before it transfers trades

Members online

No members online now.
Was watching something on sky news the other day basically saying the death of High Streets has now probably been brought forward by about 5 years as a result of this, cos people who would never of dreamt of shopping on line have been buying by the van load so to speak. As some have already said a lot of people have also realised they can work from home without to much drama so, business travel will probably drop considerably.
Tbh I'm more concerned about what government trade deals ect have been getting sorted behind the smoke screen of all this and, have serious suspicions that some of the handling by government of covid was based on political issues rather than public health in regard to working with the E U and, I say the latter as someone who voted leave.
Brexit is now insignificant to economy after the damage this has done.
I reckon more likely to leave without agreement.
When we get through this which we will,the economic impact of no deal will not even touch this hit.

£500 is heavy,for a artex ceiling, even for a company.if it just a skim.
Donzo we are a reputable buisness,we cover everything,we take into consideration,tax,sourcing materials,overheads etc..we dont run like self employed,we dont just charge a day rate,theres no such thing..we charge a day rate then the rest is buisness profit which goes into the pot.our overheads will be 5xs as much as yours over the course of the year,it ain't heavy at all.we dont put a gun to there head,we have done about 8 jobs for this guy so he knows what hes getting.im not in this game to just get by like robbo.him calling me a mug for being on site and working for rates which he dsnt even know is laughable.we worked 6 hours a day last week and still pulled more than what he charges for a ceiling re skim.it can vary what we charge tbh but il guarantee it wouldn't be near £170..mugs game is them rates

Donzo we are a reputable buisness,we cover everything,we take into consideration,tax,sourcing materials,overheads etc..we dont run like self employed,we dont just charge a day rate,theres no such thing..we charge a day rate then the rest is buisness profit which goes into the pot.our overheads will be 5xs as much as yours over the course of the year,it ain't heavy at all.we dont put a gun to there head,we have done about 8 jobs for this guy so he knows what hes getting.im not in this game to just get by like robbo.him calling me a mug for being on site and working for rates which he dsnt even know is laughable.we worked 6 hours a day last week and still pulled more than what he charges for a ceiling re skim.it can vary what we charge tbh but il guarantee it wouldn't be near £170..mugs game is them rates
I think its still heavy, if the guy accepts,thats good.

It’s a fair point, you compete to your target market, we’ve all different overheads.

I think its still heavy, if the guy accepts,thats good.
He accepted long time ago donzo (y) get it while you can..its also a scandal when some pen pusher charges something like £30 to change a name or sumat over phone,or a merchants charging you 25% to re stock materials you take back,or a dentist charging £55 for a 20 minute clean,or a barber charging £30 4 a 20minute haircut..list can go on and on

He accepted long time ago donzo (y) get it while you can..its also a scandal when some pen pusher charges something like £30 to change a name or sumat over phone,or a merchants charging you 25% to re stock materials you take back,or a dentist charging £55 for a 20 minute clean,or a barber charging £30 4 a 20minute haircut..list can go on and on

And with respect, our trade is a skilled trade.
A black art , a secret society,
that is unless you are just a "skimmer"
in which case you deserve £150 a day :LOL:

s**t show,you could only dream of getting these rates,proper rates for a proper firm..you carry on with your £170 ceilings you mug :coffe:
Haha touched a nerve. Think we've found the reason you need to go and work on site for a couple of quid a meter and not get consistent decent money

Haha touched a nerve. Think we've found the reason you need to go and work on site for a couple of quid a meter and not get consistent decent money
Lmao ok robbo,u got me..deffo dont do £2 m2 robbo..you stick on ur £170 a day robbo your happy with that,going sideways in life :coffe:I'd only have to find 1 days work a week on domestic to take home what you do :risas:

s**t show,you could only dream of getting these rates,proper rates for a proper firm..you carry on with your £170 ceilings you mug :coffe:

Nice mate...I got £790 for a 5x5 no scrape...PVA and straight over Artex ceiling around 10 years ago now...one of my best paid jobs arrived at 8 was in the pub celebrating at 3pm.

Such a good feeling when you get a good earner.

My old gaffer used to say to me when I was an apprentice, when your at the top of your game,get as much as you can for as little as you can, for as long as you can.
All these people saying oh that's heavy etc..I got quoted £150 other week for a guy to jet wash my drain,yes £150 for some guy to blow abit of clogged up s**t with no qualification or trade and there charge that,told him to do one like but point is that's the going rate.it would of took him 15mins

Nice mate...I got £790 for a 5x5 no scrape...PVA and straight over Artex ceiling around 10 years ago now...one of my best paid jobs arrived at 8 was in the pub celebrating at 3pm.

Mate if you can get it,get it..f**k this bolloxs of oohh that's abit dear..no such thing..there either say yes or no

All these people saying oh that's heavy etc..I got quoted £150 other week for a guy to jet wash my drain,yes £150 for some guy to blow abit of clogged up s**t with no qualification or trade and there charge that,told him to do one like but point is that's the going rate.it would of took him 15mins
Indeed, it's a fair way of looking at it. A good pal of mine is a window cleaner, he earns roughly a grand a week, does the odd bit of comercial stuff with a long reach jobbie but most of his work is Mrs jones Windows and the like.

Lmao ok robbo,u got me..deffo dont do £2 m2 robbo..you stick on ur £170 a day robbo your happy with that,going sideways in life :coffe:I'd only have to find 1 days work a week on domestic to take home what you do :risas:
Maths clearly isn't your strong point

Indeed, it's a fair way of looking at it. A good pal of mine is a window cleaner, he earns roughly a grand a week, does the odd bit of comercial stuff with a long reach jobbie but most of his work is Mrs jones Windows and the like.
Exactly,these lads who have been charging silly rates like robbo want there head testing,but you cant polish a turd as in buisness sense etc..il be doing a robbo soon and charging peanuts if hectors theorys come true

On the maths strongpoint whilst we are on it robbo..£170 for a ceiling minus materials,sourcing materials,tax,ni,overheads..what's your income? Asking for a friend

So a person's income is now after tax? Ok for that 3 hours my income is roughly £110

So a person's income is now after tax? Ok for that 3 hours my income is roughly £110
:risas: classic robbo twisting what he said..so you mean you would charge £170 but that's profit :risas: you would be a great politician your wasted in this game.and you work 3 days a week so I'm guessing your pulling £330 profit..wow I'm really actually good at maths..but I'd say it's more £80-£90 a day your getting

:risas: classic robbo twisting what he said..so you mean you would charge £170 but that's profit :risas: you would be a great politician your wasted in this game
I have no idea what you're on about. Haven't twisted anything. I'd charge £170 to skim the ceiling including the £10 materials it would cost me. Meaning £160 profit - £48 tax and ni leaving me £112. For that once ever my couple of weeks easy half day skimming a boarded ceiling lol. I don't earn £170 a day, I earn that for 3 hours work.

And I have enough work that I turn it down. Don't need to jump on site and get mugged off because I can't manage to get enough customers. Enjoy your couple of quid a meter (y) skimming houses for a couple of grand, sad as f**k

:risas: classic robbo twisting what he said..so you mean you would charge £170 but that's profit :risas: you would be a great politician your wasted in this game.and you work 3 days a week so I'm guessing your pulling £330 profit..wow I'm really actually good at maths..but I'd say it's more £80-£90 a day your getting
@John j

Dont know what there on about mate. Hows thing down your way. Wife stopped freaking. We went to mates round corner other night sat in garden with some tines
Nice one mate! The old lady is still panicking and won’t go in any shops or be around anyone but we did have a bbq Wednesday and also had the in-laws round, it was lovely feeling a bit normal for a change!

I have no idea what you're on about. Haven't twisted anything. I'd charge £170 to skim the ceiling including the £10 materials it would cost me. Meaning £160 profit - £48 tax and ni leaving me £112. For that once ever my couple of weeks easy half day skimming a boarded ceiling lol. I don't earn £170 a day, I earn that for 3 hours work.
Starting a 4 bed house all freshly boarded in 2 weeks time. £5900, £5100 labour. A very cushty months work working 3 days a week. But yeah, act like you know my incomings because I said on the rare times I get a single pb ceiling I'd charge £170. What a bizzare bloke

Starting a 4 bed house all freshly boarded in 2 weeks time. £5900, £5100 labour. A very cushty months work working 3 days a week. But yeah, act like you know my incomings because I said on the rare times I get a single pb ceiling I'd charge £170. What a bizzare bloke
Touched a nerve have I :risas: :risas: f**k**g love it

You said you would gladly do them 5 days a week at £170..3 hours is a days earning robbo..you cant do them 5 days a week because you have not got the client base or skill set,so in return you can only book 3 days a week in..did materials teleport to these jobs your doing? Did you teleport to the jobs to price? Did u not use any diesel? Do you not have any insurances? (Cowboy) the list is endless..what a bizarre bloke

God this place is F*****g boring with the my dicks bigger than your dick bollox about money!

Knowones ever got rich plastering ffs get over yer sens!!!!
This thread started positive,real blokes sharing there new site experiences post covid,then some jumped up lycra wearing left looney tune side ways living robbo jumped on it..theres nothing wrong with posting what's happening at the minute with sites,if some jumped up little t**t wants to call me out calling me a mug when hes on £80-£90 a day gross profit,il start waving my dick about,I've got alot more to wave but hes fuckall

Hi all

Recently completed 8 week C&G course level 1, have been pushing for work since. Did some flyering door to door today and was pulled in by a lady who was renovating her house.

Talk about jumping in at the deep end! check out the photos...brick work is uneven and heavly painted with gloss.

What do you reckon chip off sections of gloss and dot dab skim? or will bonding stick to gloss? my instructor says nothing will, from my understanding some people on this forum cover whole walls in bonding? i was never taught this at college, surely it sets to quickly, and the finish very hard to get even? have i read this wrong?

or

Paintstrip (no doubt very time consuming) then float coat + skim?

or

screw in wooden battens, board up skim? ::)

What would you guys do to get it flush with door frame? as every other brick is already in line with it, and boarding will bring the wall out at least inch.

thats just the start more photos soon!

What do you guys do if lots of prep work required e.g. radiators to come of wall, curtain rails, coat hangers etc...tell the customer if they don't do it..will cost extra or just price it in?

IMG_0645-vi.jpg

IMG_0647-vi.jpg

IMG_0648-vi.jpg

IMG_0650-vi.jpg

IMG_0646-vi.jpg

cool forum!

cheers Aaron

Trades people living wage - £275 per day. (2020)

Select for moderation Report
This was around ten years ago mate, have you actually broken in a trowel ???
just asking x