Scrim

Members online

djfleming22

Noticed recently a couple of plasters putting scrim tape on there angle beads, never done this myself and wondered if anyone else does this and why.

Gives it more strength. Hold them on when pricks don't use enough adhesive

Always staple beads if I can iv never scrimmed my corner beads. While we’re on topic I saw these today in plumb centre, never see this scrim in builders merchants never mind plumbers
05F27DA3-F2D8-4CD9-A27D-8475E9796BB3.jpeg

Yeah @Donzo said the same. I’ve never once had anyone tell me they’d cracked ..... I’m feeling incoming paranoia :frenetico:
That's what the forum for jess,,, we are all still learning. Even paper tape over and still crack, cut them out, you can spot them easily if not removed hairline full length over time, same goes for those picture rail batons on walls a lot of chancers skim over, cut them out. Plaster and wood don't go. :hola:

We should skim upto them really like they originally were
Would save £2 on beads plus no cracks or nails or scrim lol
Thats not as funny as its sounds, I've been asked by customer's to keep the original wooden beads on show. Seen a lot that have just been finished into the bead, I angle it away from the bead like the original way.

Thats not as funny as its sounds, I've been asked by customer's to keep the original wooden beads on show. Seen a lot that have just been finished into the bead, I angle it away from the bead like the original way.
I can remember one of the first jobs I ever did where customer asked me to skim the curves aka dowlings.... so I did! :risas:

I agree mate looks good tbf some customers could or would go with the flow and just let you or me do it others just wouldn’t have a clue it would look good

I can remember one of the first jobs I ever did where customer asked me to skim the curves aka dowlings.... so I did! :risas:

Thats common, you live and learn. I'll rip them out if the plaster is sand browning and form up an angle in bonding and stick a thin coat bead on the new angle and slim. If its old horse hair I leave the bead in and finish it the original way or if no c**t cares mini mesh and scrim. It can crack though, I've been back to jobs years after to do something else and noticed fine cracks on the line of the fin of the bead. Nothing that would get you call back,