Sbr

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carys

hi iv just started mixing sbr in finish coat mixes sand cement say 5 1 mix they say this stops cracking any info ? If this true

To get the best of SBR I find a stronger mix works better mate.
The SBR works off of the cement!
5+1 I find it gets a bit 'lost' in the mix.
I don't bother with 2 litres (max dose) unless it's really necessary, a pint or so does a good job in a full guage of strongish mix for me.
There is a bit of difference in the quality/concentration between brands aswell!

Reactions: tam
I use Soverign SBR its around £70 for the big 10ltr tubs. It isnt diluted either like some of the 7other stuff you can get. gauge it 4prts water 1prt SBR. Its "cracking" stuff (sorry no punt intended)

To get the best of SBR I find a stronger mix works better mate.
The SBR works off of the cement!
5+1 I find it gets a bit 'lost' in the mix.
I don't bother with 2 litres (max dose) unless it's really necessary, a pint or so does a good job in a full guage of strongish mix for me.
There is a bit of difference in the quality/concentration between brands aswell!

I did a job where it was 3 ltrs per Belle mixer full in the Scratch coat with 12mm fibres and 2 ltrs in the top coat with 6mm fibres.

Very nice stuff but to my surprise the scratch coat had suction.

I did a job where it was 3 ltrs per Belle mixer full in the Scratch coat with 12mm fibres and 2 ltrs in the top coat with 6mm fibres.

Had that too. 1.5l SBR in scratch still sucked like anything. Thought it a waste of time, got to keep it wet/damp to get the best out of it I found. Not good as a waterproofer solely on it's own in the mix I found.

No need to put it in your top coat to stop cracks, just keep it hydrated.

Like hicky said keep it covered up to stop it hydrating and causing shrinkage cracks. Too thick and wet won't help either, slump cracks.

Get your base as flat as so your top coat goes on a 6mm evenly all over. Slap on, a quick once over with the s,edge then rub up.

That good stuff m8 cost u a fortune to do a big area

Status
Not open for further replies.