Run out of work, getting a little worried now!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freerider

Hows everyone else doing? Ive been pretty comfortable most of the year, and now its all dried up, last day was today, sent estimates off but no response, a phone call here n there (one a week generally).

Can last a few weeks on whats in the bank but then its game over! fingers crossed something will come in!

Get a partner i know you need double the work but for some reason it always seems to work out as one always seems to cover the other.

i aot something you can start, bell me tommorow, i`m afraid it will be hacking of old pebbledash, it just dpeends on how much you want the work.

Bedd - your a miserable ****, but funny thing is, before I bought bike I had loads of work, more money than sense, soon as you spend it, work dries up, same old story!

Spunky - Id have probably said the same thing if someone else posted this up! so well done ;)

Bod - drug dealer would be easy money and I do have contacts, but Id be currency if I went to prison, its not something Id like to be really!

Kebab king - where abouts are you?

You will be alright mate something always turns up. If your near kebab take him on his offer He is a good contact to know.

Cheers Henry, nothings come in for a few weeks now though, I usually live by the "something comes up" attitude and Im not really a worrier, but, something hasnt come up, thats the issue, none of me own estimates etc/ have been accepted for a few weeks, only work Ive had was for someone else, n thats run dry, told some of the guys I know Im free and available so hopefully something will!

And no Im not selling me bum, best I can do is 150quid a day, all days deep throats. Im worth that much ffs, prob get some high flying ferrari driving KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT saying thats to much ******* dosh though, I swear these faggots have something against the number "150", might start pricing at £149 a day, maybe thats more ******* acceptable!

I know of a couple, have let one guy know Im available, was holding out on the other guy as hes not as enjoyable to work for! but needs must and all that!

Do a few calls to the jobs you've estimated/quoted for. Go in person. Tell them you were just passing & were wondering what the score is as you need to know because you're getting booked up for work around the time that job is scheduled. Give yourself the option of re-negotiating on the spec etc.........As you should know from the forum, different spreads have differing ways of doing the job, so someone might be only £50 less than you over something insignificant. :RpS_thumbup:

Yeh you got a point there bubbles! customers never get like for like estimates! right, just had a phone call from a guy that another spread I know passed my number on to, sounds like a couple of weeks work, looking at it tomorrow lunch time so fingers crossed! I wont rip him off like I normally do, will try and price a bit fairly. ;)

Same boat, had plenty on then dried up last week. Priced three biggish jobs and waiting to hear back on them, one is a goer dead cert but not sure when its a full hack off and re rough cast so hope it aint to long coming round as the weather is slowly deteriorating here

Sit work? does that involve sitting at home on me laptop bashing one off over pictures of plastering? or do you mean site work? if you mean site work.. I thought we established this, Im too s**t for Site work, far to slow and useless ;)

Couple of sites on the go here, been in and seen them and they(grahams) have flooded their jobs with Irish spreads working for feck all, same gos for the roof work. like i says im waiting on word back from a couple of biggish jobs and hoping to get my oar in on a semi det roof job, got a few bits and pieces here and there mostly roof work (slating in velux windows) next week at 1/2 days tops plus got a rosemary roof repair job as well but nothing paying a decent wage, but im not knocking the wee jobs and will take anything tbh!

Agencies worth a look even if it's only 100 a day it can get you through a couple of weeks

Cheers Henry, nothings come in for a few weeks now though, I usually live by the "something comes up" attitude and Im not really a worrier, but, something hasnt come up, thats the issue, none of me own estimates etc/ have been accepted for a few weeks, only work Ive had was for someone else, n thats run dry, told some of the guys I know Im free and available so hopefully something will!

Where are you based mate ?

well I like to tell people Im from Saaaaaaaaf Laaaandan, but in reality Im in Surrey, it depends who Im trying to impress!

I done a job in Surrey it was a for a asbestos removal firm they told us it was 2 ceilings turned out it was the whole F**king house but we managed to do it just over a day, so we had diggs booked in a pub when we turned up, it turned out they booked us in one room in a double bed and thought we were a couple? hmmm after telling the cockney bird no we ordered a room with 2 beds she told us there wasn't any:-0 and put us in separate rooms......... after my mate had smashed up the shower we hit the town well the village is more precise, when he had come down to the bar where I was waiting he had pretty much dressed the same as I was :-0 spooky any way we decided on going for a couple of pints and a bite to eat so we walked along the village and came across 2 restaurants 1 was an I****n and the other was a italian so we tossed a coin and it happened to land on the Italian, well it didnt go down too well from there 2 Bloke sat in a candle lit italian restaurant both dressed the same......the conversation pretty much went down as "this looks G** what the f**k we doing here lets go", well as soon as we ate our food anyway.....But yeah its posh as F**k round that way. lol

We are based in West Wickham, have work out at Caterham and Coulsdon, do you have any monochouche render experience ??

Status
Not open for further replies.