Rough And Set.

knock up enough hardwall first if your a one man band then blind the wall with first coat to kill suction then away you go,of course if you had a joddy mixer would be a lot easier for you. i love float and set.

Loved the joddy mate

Floated hall stairs and landing in sand and cement last week and its a better job, advised against boards due to cold spots so it has its place.

Can't you just use insulated boards 27mm? I hate float and set on domestics too messy and slow...I just tell the customers the plasterboards are stronger these days as they have fibres in them, we will put a shitload of adhesive behind boards...and that fixings for plasterboards are much better than they used to be...never had a problem.

Can't you just use insulated boards 27mm? I hate float and set on domestics too messy and slow...I just tell the customers the plasterboards are stronger these days as they have fibres in them, we will put a shitload of adhesive behind boards...and that fixings for plasterboards are much better than they used to be...never had a problem.
I've seen cold spots coming through insulation boards.

Box screed are when you float a strip down each side of the wall then one along the bottom and th the top using each screed to rule off as you go forming a box. then you fill in the middle using the ruled box screeds.

thats the way I do it :D Its slow but a consistent way for me :D

Free rule all the way f**k screeds

yeah I do admire those that do it like that straight off the bat but i was bought up in the generation where everything was boarded and very rarely did enough floating at anyone point to do the free rule to a standard that was equal to the box screed method :D

Thats where new era of plasterers are suffering

Loved the joddy mate
IMG_2574.JPG
i love mine too

I've seen cold spots coming through insulation boards.
I have to dab some (insulation boards) on a job in a few week. I'm using dryzones adhesive as waterproof sticks like fook and doesnt allow moisture to track thro. Not cheap comapared to drywall adhesive but customer is minted plus i dont want awkward phone calls couple of month down the line about dabs sweating thro the painted surface etc

I have to dab some (insulation boards) on a job in a few week. I'm using dryzones adhesive as waterproof sticks like fook and doesnt allow moisture to track thro. Not cheap comapared to drywall adhesive but customer is minted plus i dont want awkward phone calls couple of month down the line about dabs sweating thro the painted surface etc
Sounds good that, how much is not cheap mate?

I have a Mtec d10 continuous mixer 240v for sale, I bought it working but never used it tried it and water pump is not seized I'm looking for £800 they are meant to be the best on the market

I have a Mtec d10 continuous mixer 240v for sale, I bought it working but never used it tried it and water pump is not seized I'm looking for £800 they are meant to be the best on the market
Do you still have it lol

I'd give it a light PVA to kill just some of the suction. Hardwall needs some suction.

Love float and set.