rome wasnt built in a day

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tim! Looking forward to the show, that's gotta have been a great experience doing that project............. and welcome to the forum:RpS_thumbup:

i was on the short list also... 2 interviews... mustnt have liked the geordie accent... will be watching though... PS how much did they pay you?

they probably didnt like the fact that you wanted to do all the camera work yourself steve :RpS_laugh:

Good on yer mate... its about time that the general public understand the hard work involved in building a home from scratch through trial and error... but wany
t to get over is the fact that SBR has anmd will nevert be mentioned??? oops

Haha this is one of the funniest shows... that labourer had me in stitches :)

Good show I am quite impressed so far and I am liking what the brickie has achieved looking good :)

The archeologist needs a kick in the face though... good show :)

Yeah, archeologist is a bit O.T.T. especially if he goes on to allow volunteer labour to join in. Them lads are there to build in the traditional/authentic manner, don't see how using a barrow goes against that?

same ear labour makes me :RpS_laugh: brickie achived alot plasterer done well its going 2 be a good show fm had me in stiches cant wait till next week:RpS_thumbup: would have loved 2 have a go my self :RpS_laugh:

Yeah, archeologist is a bit O.T.T. especially if he goes on to allow volunteer labour to join in. Them lads are there to build in the traditional/authentic manner, don't see how using a barrow goes against that?

I agree with the archeologist shouldnt be usin the barrows and nothin wrong with more labour im sure more labour was available in roman times but why someone didnt get an ox to help coz someone mentioned it.

Haha this is one of the funniest shows... that labourer had me in stitches :)

Good show I am quite impressed so far and I am liking what the brickie has achieved looking good :)

The archeologist needs a kick in the face though... good show :)

Yeah the labourer was funny:RpS_biggrin:

"he called me a fat git"
"I want him to apologise to me & buy me a cake":RpS_laugh:

I agree with the archeologist shouldnt be usin the barrows and nothin wrong with more labour im sure more labour was available in roman times but why someone didnt get an ox to help coz someone mentioned it.

They had an ox................his arm was in a sling:RpS_laugh:

That cart was wank!
4 smaller wheels would have been better.
And the top should've had sides like a box instead of being flat & wasting time with blokes holding the stones from falling off.
Not sure if they were allowed to do it that way though.:huh:

now i know why i didnt get on the show.... im only 13 stone wet through... acrhitect was tossa... he should have told them about pozzolans in the lime mortar to set it off... obviosly didnt read the books hahhahahha class show though... can wait to see the joiner hand cutting them wall and roof trusses

haha... yeah I want him to say sorry and buy me a cake.... what a legend...lol

I also wonder how the chippy is going to get the roof done...lol but we shall see :)

But I spose they will learn and it would appear that they are on £100 a day... ? as the forman said theres £300 of labour there and look at them...lol

he may of been talking about the labourer danny and he probably meant 300lb :RpS_laugh:

the plumbers t shirts made me chuckle. architect needed the nut dropping on him and the foreman did what they always do, told people they werent fast enough

If the cart had smaller wheels you would struggle to get it over the terrain it be like push a shopping trolley through a field...lol

Fair play to the chippy though he admitted he never done anything like it etc.... maybe the cart was wank to then show how much they learn over the coming weeks?

I recon Tim is a rake now though... fair play though to the lads I would imagine it was a good crack, just some of the faces was funny I was pissing myself!!!

I was concerned at seeing a sponge float in his tool kit but I recon if you not sure what you may need you bring everything :)

the spreads tools were dirty as s**t his derby still had last months browning clinging to it... i bet they have all lost about 6 stone each by the time the job was finished... also 1 labourer for 6 men bloodyo waiting attrocious... when i was in kuwait they would have 6 labourers to 1 spread making sure the gear was up on the scaffolding and they never waited same for the brickies....

1 labourer for 6 men? at first they were all labourers to the bricky... then when the bricky finished his bit he then becomes a labourer? is that right? I assume everybody will help everybody?

We shall see all will be revealed :)

Yeah, but the prof. wants it doing like the Romans done it and I'll bet 1000 Denarius there was more than 6 bodies on the job, they should've given the old fuka a shovel - a wooden one.

Lol. i laughed when the foreman was telling the prof they had wheelbarrows when they built the pyramids, what a bellend! thing is though, i bet back in the day the stones would be squared off by an army of slaves, ditto knocking up gear etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.