rome wasnt built in a day

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
to all the blokes on here who can watch the show and take the piss but at the end of the day it wasn’t you skills being put to the test and as for me how do you think the muck got from the barn to the slab. i helped Tim allot its a TV show so there, not going to show a labourer doing his job mixing up that’s the hole point. Fred a good guy i challenge any other bloke for the same position to do his job feel free to slate him online but I feel you would not say it to either of our faces and feel free to keep takeing the piss because your safe in your little dwellings tims a top plaster iv never met a trades man like it hes worked hard on the job and it showed on the hole show

i for one said he didnt do a bad job of straightening the timbers, but no one can deny getting the angles wrong is an apprentice error, not someone whos been in the trade 30 odd years. no ones really seen tims work yet so it would be wrong to comment on that.

as for you ben, i want you to apologize, and buy me a cake :RpS_thumbup:

Hey Ben we can only say and comment on what we see on the actual show mate, if you do a lot more behind the scenes then good on you.. after all they are trying to get 6-7 months of work into 6 hours filming so 98% of what goes on gets cut out.. and i bet you were pissed when the nice straight oak was delivered... also i you read my earler comments about the professor not knowing about pozzolans in mortar just waiting for him to come on here and tell us why after all the books he has read that he missed one of the most important points

Ben really enjoying the show but the time scale is not realistic would you agree? it would take that long in modern times. As for tradesmen and labourers on site? there would be twice as many if not more? Not enjoying how when things arnt going their way, they resume to modern ways (timber machine cut, wheel barrow,tirfor whinch) sure the whole point is to do the job the same as the romans did? never mind i take my hat off to the lads doing the job, must be hard work but very satisfying! i would'v love to apply for the job and have taken part but didnt know it would be on.

Gary Plasterer North East

Ben, we are not taking digs or anything....w e can only comment on what we see... :) there is no offence meant dude :)

Ben, we are not taking digs or anything....w e can only comment on what we see... :) there is no offence meant dude :)

listen ere you lot stop taking the micheal .i felt sorry for the way fred was treated he was ill while the others finished off the work and he got all the blame,and once he had left they decide to get a team of timber frame erectors in and freshly machined timber in,not very authenic now anymore is it?

this show has now made poor fred the chippie look stupid,i think thats very wrong of them the man is not a bloody joiner after all is he?

nope he is a shop fitter not a joiner... I dont know many shop fitters that would be able to do a decent mortise and tenon joint.....

If he's a shopfitter, the foreman should have been sacked - surely he would be telling that archeologist what trades he needed?

im sure thats nothing to do with the foreman, its not a normal site is it. they all would have been picked individually as by the looks of it the first time they met was on day one

Yeah,but a good foreman - or ANY tradesman - would be asking who they were working with, and a good foreman would be saying to the deskbound buffoons "Look lads, we can't do it with a fukin shopfitter, this is what we will need" :RpS_confused:

But i dont think the foreman was completely aware what he was getting involved in... we can only speculate I spose... but will we ever know???

and they probably told him he was a carpenter with 30 years exp and nvq level 2 b*ll***s

hi lads the lads is kev we nikname him kev sitewalker.hope you like the show rome wasn't built in a day i hope you think it funny and i start the plastering next week on the show (be good to me ) back working now i have 25 years in the game and it is the crap it be for years ben is funny of and on camera and darren to tim saved the villa

Another good show tonight but couldnt understand why all tim was thinkin about was pizza when he was carrying them clay tubes to the stove hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey Tim, that arched passageway looked good mate, bet you enjoyed doing that. :RpS_thumbup: We only got a 2 second glimpse of it, so I'm guessing next week is your showtime.

and yeah im glad you can all see there was like 5 tradesmen and me but i tried to keep everyone happy on site. there was other little helpers at times but Jim did put allot of pressure on me due to his disslike of me !. i used to put lifts in all round London that’s my basic back ground as well as labouring and landscaping but I hope you continue to enjoy the show and tims a top plaster! and fires up his trowel next week ahah and I storm off and go pub!! should be quite funny!

Well I can only speak for me buy its pretty funny show really and I you guys dont have to say anything, just the facial expressions says it all.

So what are you doing now ben?

hahaha i did have quite a few shandys!! ahah i guess not meany people comment at 3:43am!

You'd be suprised mate, Beddy is on here 24/7 he don't sleep:RpS_biggrin:

Yeah last night was a good one.
It's a funny & interesting show, looking forward to see tim in action next week:RpS_wink:
I especially liked the fallace you made ben:RpS_thumbup:
The one on the gable end was good too:RpS_laugh: who made that one?

Like Danny says what you up to these days Ben?
Had any offers from Hollywood yet mate?:RpS_wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.