rome wasnt built in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed watching it last night, chippy is cool, labourer cracked me up ..he was
calling himself "the chief labourer" lol

Just been reminded by my lass.................. we spotted that they had a hosepipe running across the floor to 'ye olde wooden barrel' .........Did the Romans have hosepipes or loads of laboureres with the olde wooden buckets. I wonder if the prof. picked up on that one.

Hi, thank you for watching, Ben is very funny the program gets better and funnier. The mixing and labouring was very hard work on the roman builders (felt like being an apprentice again ) Hope you like the van please watch the next episode we get to go to Turkey and it was stunning and its very funny!!! Please visit my website and channel 4's and give comments and feedback about the show. Thank-you to the lads at plasterer's forum for your support and help rome wasn't built in a day - Home Rome Wasn't Built in a Day - Channel 4

thanks for all the nice comments on here lads its Ben off the show it means alot hope you enjoy the rest of the show !!

Twitter << feel free to follow me on there

its aazing what you can get for nowt on the net....
PS I slagged the professor off on channel 4 about not knowing about pozzolans

was a funny episode...lol not as funny as episode one but still funny...

The chippy is a little out of his league I think, but I dont know how any other chippy would cope...

to be honest most of them look out of there league,but i guess thats why they were selected because there charicters and good viewing.

Lol. i laughed when the foreman was telling the prof they had wheelbarrows when they built the pyramids, what a bellend! thing is though, i bet back in the day the stones would be squared off by an army of slaves, ditto knocking up gear etc etc etc...

exactly and its amazing what you can get done when you threaten to whip the slaves or worse..

Hi Lads, thanks for watching the show and taking the trouble to leave comments - I am only able to divulge so much information but am bound to the secrets act - question of money I was paid ok (won't break the bank tho). Episode 2 we went to turkey - it lasted longer in the turkish bath and it did really hurt, we were only there for 3 days, episode 3 this week at 9pm channel 4 is me playing with wood - something you don't see with a plasterer and its Jim's finest hour(the only one). I will try to answer as many questions as possible and will keep posting pictures on my website.rome wasn't built in a day - Home

tim i feel for you with the sunstroke mate, i had it 2 summers ago and i've never felt anything like it. migrane, body was drained and i just wanted to sleep for hours.

jim the forman what a wanka kicked the chippy of then had the timber cut by a machine my mates a carpenter even he would struggle to cut a staight timber from a tree

hahah so the chippy got the DCM (dont come monday) i would have done that last week when he said 12 days to draw roof truss plans up... hey ho someone had to go.... who be next i ask??? good programme tonight a lot more helpers on site i see... and new wood... your getting away with murder now... PS Tim...chucking your dummy out of the pram... tut tut... but i dont blame you mate.. that lazy t**t labourer should be doing it for you... mind you your rendering will be under very very close scrutination... remember only 3mm tolerance over 3mts... we are watching :)

To be fair to the chippie he was a door- skirting chippie and the forman had it in for him .

chippy started on a site one day and the forman told him to install a spiral staircase in a house, anyway he made an excuse saying he was ill and took the day off... next day foreman told him to do the same staircase... he made another excuse about not having right tools.. next day forman said ok your on the spiral staircase to mate... joiner replied... am i the onlt sod on this site that can install spiral staircases???

That was a pretty good show.... I dont think the chippy was up to the job.... getting the wood cut straight, fair enough but getting angles wrong and the mortise and tenon in the wrong place? He may be a good shop fitter but I not sure how this show is going to help him the future.....

I feel for Tim, imagine being miles away on site while the other lads are having a crack and your in a shed mixing s**t.... skilled/trades are all on the same level should have been Ben mixing in my opinion.

Machine cut was cheating..... but the structure looks awesome now :)

Danny

I hope they're gonna rebuild that end wall they smashed to bits with that last frame - or will the foreman be sacking himself? If I was that carpenter - even though he was out of his comfort zone - I would be fukin fuming to see that they had the rest of the timber machine cut. What a fkin fraud.

the chippy didnt do that bad a job of getting the timber straight, yes it was all over the place but moments before, it was a ******* tree! but like everyones said, getting the angles wrong is a 1st year apprentice error and the joints were terrible. i like the brickie, whatever hes been told to do he just gets on with it. i still think the archeologist is a prick though

yeah the archaeologist is a prick but I beginning to like him though.... he has so much passion and this has probably been a life long ambition so I can see why he is so stressed when some people think its a joke.

yes he may have passion about it but the way he talks the them is disgusting. hes spent his life reading books while theyve spent it learning their trades (apart from the chippy :RpS_sneaky: ) and to tell them they are on schedule but he thinks they should be infront, is bullshit. they are learning new methods about their trades, not to mention making all the bricks and chimney brick things themselves by hand, and to be on schedule aswell, can't fault them.

Oh yeah, I agree with that entirely...lol I forgot he said your on schedule but i want you ahead of schedule...lol

They have all the wood machine cut now so that should not have cost them much time :)

i am very supprised that dai or whatever his name is diddnt say anythin about the wood being machine cut and throw anouther brilliant tantrum (classic). really looking forward to when they get to the plastering stage will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

i agree, im taking to the archaeologist now poor fella was nearly in tears,
to have a passion for a project like this fair play to him,all his done is to look at diagrams out of books and to see the first stucture built like this in 1600 years.

joiner was well out of his league, basic stuff getting his pitch well out

Status
Not open for further replies.