Rolling set question for a superstar lol

Members online

John j

Mono Don
If your on your own do you bother cleaning bucket between each mix. There.s two of us and we have a decent system but we'e split on jobs next few weeks so gonna give these rolling sets a go

Fear not your super star has arrived!!!!!

And the answer is ......... yes! Only takes a min and gear better for it.

Enter @essexandy advising you to get a spot board! Come on dooooooooown Aaaaaandy!!!!!

:musculoso:

I work alone , take jet wash all time now , buckets cleaned in millasecounds mate

9F8F19E6-8087-4CF3-8886-CE079D3ACEC8.jpeg

Not used spot board for ages got one of them bog scopes from Refina. Between two of us we mix two bags in big bucket. I start while lad knocks two black buckets up .bag in each . Then flatten clean buckets then mix two in big bucket for second coat .starting to relise how much my young padewan is carrying me lol

If your on your own do you bother cleaning bucket between each mix. There.s two of us and we have a decent system but we'e split on jobs next few weeks so gonna give these rolling sets a go
I really don't think it matters with the current shite from BG.
Its greasy crap that knocks back up anyway!

You take a jet wash to clean your buckets? ? WTF.
is a brush not good enough??. Your chicken oriental Vincey
Brush is to slow tbh this system is literally 3 second blast done , same with splash water, all the water goes straight into mud and my room is then clean and dry , even brushes get a blast

It does set quicker, especially after 2-3 buckets. I usually don’t wash for the last or the last two.

Get enough buckets for the set, each of them clean, and each of them half full of clean water. Mix in each one as you need more plaster.......clean up when the set is “in hand”.
Tadah.

Nah, keep your money, I wouldn’t take it from a mate.......

Get enough buckets for the set, each of them clean, and each of them half full of clean water. Mix in each one as you need more plaster.......clean up when the set is “in hand”.
Tadah.

Nah, keep your money, I wouldn’t take it from a mate.......
Lots of buckets to clean

I've always mixed up much smaller quantities of gear at a time than you lot.
10ltrs of water in a bucket, so less than a bag at a time. If I think a slightly bigger bucket will get the first coat on a particular wall or ceiling then I might mix it.
I like using nice fresh gear but don't usually wash the bucket between mixes. And yes of course @JessThePlasterer I use a spotboard 95% of the time.
I did a ceiling of 36sqm the other week and I'm stuffed if I want to put that on with the same mix.

I really don't think it matters with the current shite from BG.
Its greasy crap that knocks back up anyway!
You are definitely right about the quality of multi finish it’s geyt worse and worse..
I never used a sponge in my life up until a cpl of years ago now I use it for every set on multi..
I find that the sets are not greasy on the trowel up and much friendlier on the arm!

You are definitely right about the quality of multi finish it’s geyt worse and worse..
I never used a sponge in my life up until a cpl of years ago now I use it for every set on multi..
I find that the sets are not greasy on the trowel up and much friendlier on the arm!
I’ve dabbled with the sponge myself but got bored of the big spray bottle and washing out the sponge.

You need to try a carpet float, get the right bit of carpet and it'll both hold water and scour it up a treat.
And before anyone starts shouting "cowboy", this is just an adaptation of methods used going back way before any of us were born, let alone working.

You need to try a carpet float, get the right bit of carpet and it'll both hold water and scour it up a treat.
And before anyone starts shouting "cowboy", this is just an adaptation of methods used going back way before any of us were born, let alone working.
What's a carpet float. Never heard of it bud.

boards the same ...flawless then shrinks back in the cold.
2 coats flattend down 2 different mixes.
joints shrink back during the night.
i just dont f**k**g care anymore.
i cant beat mother nature.

Attachments

• 20180209_175402.jpg
    20180209_175402.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 231
  • 20180209_175312.jpg
    20180209_175312.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 228
  • 20180209_175235.jpg
    20180209_175235.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 227
  • 20180209_175141.jpg
    20180209_175141.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 249
boards the same ...flawless then shrinks back in the cold.
2 coats flattend down 2 different mixes.
joints shrink back during the night.
i just dont f**k**g care anymore.
i cant beat mother nature.
Did you finish with a plastic fantastic or steel

We did a room other day and it was a peach . Wednesday last week . Went today to pick some tools up and found me sen giving it some edge just felt a little dicky. Crazy. I said to lad we caught that sweet as other day it was fault less.