Ritmo vs monomix

Status
Not open for further replies.

camnz

Hi i was looking at buying a machine in the new year and as I'm out in oz there is no PFT dealer out here but i can get M-TEC machines from New Zealand.I mostly do privet jobs so don't want to drag a big 3 phase machine and genny around.I use OCR most of the time but want to get more into monocouche and was keen on the Ritmo L but can get a mono mix slightly cheaper plus i can get parts etc from NZ just wondering if they are as reliable as the ritmo?
cheers cam

I know a spread in melbourne who owns a Ritmo XL, maybe he can help you. PM me for his email address.

cheers gibbo i rang that fella his machines are $20000 but thats the going price if you buy a machine out here i got a price for a G5 last year that was 22k $AU

cheers blonds ill probably buy one from the UK from what i can tell the PFT machines seem to be round the 5500 quid price range thats about $8500 in my money with shipping and duty its still half price buying one out here.do you reckon the ritmo XL(switchable) would be a better buy than the new ritmo L?

yes we run the same frequency as you guys 50hz.how does it go spraying multi finish do you need a different gun and rotor/stator.Also the R/S looks shorter ,i can buy D8 1.5 etc out here.is the XL R/S one of a kind?

My Xl came with a regular r&s assembly same as g4 etc for d pumps but now it's changed to a shorter unit with a shorter d pump. I guess it's to do with less torque needed to turn it in single phase? The 3kw motor rating in single phase is quite demanding on domestic consumer units. More so than the 1.5 or 2.2 kw smaller ritmos. Retaining the d pump capacity though keeps up with 3 phase when switched unlike the smaller machines.
Id like to try the ritmo l to see how it compares to 3 phase. If it was fast enough it would be a smart all round choice. The Xl is a mono machine that does bucket coats, the M is a bucket coat machine that does occasional mono. The L is somewhere in between.
The L is free to run and quiet off the mains but can it handle heavy renders without hiccup?

so the L could be a better buy than the XL but the XL would be cheaper to maintain as the R/S would be cheaper to replace?I like the smaller machine rather than having to carry round a genny.the XL you get the best of both on a big job with 3 phase you can plug in,maybe when i get one i could speak to blones do you reckon he would chuck in a hopper extension with it?
shrimp on the barbe mate

More like skimp on the barbe mate my hopper ext was a whopping 500 bucks! I mean don't get me wrong it's transformed the capability of the machine beyond doubt but i did get the dog house for 3 days for that trick.

The Ritmo L has a bigger motor plus a vibrating unit attached. At the moment the L is supplied with a b42. The "L" has a maximum pumping capacity of 15 ltrs with the B42. In development of the "L" PFT have been working on a D pump for the ritmo L that has a maximum pumping capacity of 19 lts. It is not available yet but maybe in the future it will be. A G4 with a standard d6-3 twister will pump 22 lts.

If you are thumping on Mono day in day out i would recommend a 3 phase pump like a PFT g4. If you are thinking of other uses you should consider a more flexible machine. The Ritmo XL is a machine capable of anything in the rendering frame including times when more "beef" is required.

The Ritmo L or M have the same capabilities as the XL however the limitations are that it will not have extra power should you ever need it. The idea behind the smaller ritmo is the machine is small enough to push closer to the wall you are doing

Have a look at your last 10 jobs and decide where each machine could have benefited you. You should get closer to a decision.

No to the ext hopper.

Darran there is a ritmo L up there if you want to see it

More like skimp on the barbe mate my hopper ext was a whopping 500 bucks! I mean don't get me wrong it's transformed the capability of the machine beyond doubt but i did get the dog house for 3 days for that trick.

500 bucks!! ill make my own then I've got an old plastic water but,some chicken wire and a broken floor scraper lying round:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.