rib lath,

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, over ply,building paper first, screw up lath, i done ages ago but it still cracked then you get advice put fibres in add lime done that but too much suction thanks for your reply.

hi again no ones got back to me does anyone know the correct mix to render over riblath, is it 4 and 1.611,with lime or without,???

hi again no ones got back to me does anyone know the correct mix to render over riblath, is it 4 and 1.611,with lime or without,???

Sounds good, and it's probs cos your post dissapeared from the front page, cos of all the recent activity, best to bump when poss

First coat 3:1 scratched leave for 2 days then 6:1:1 sand cement lime. The biggest mistake people make when rendering is that they use the wrong sand.. MUST BE WASHED PLASTERING SAND.

3:1 will be to strong and will probably craze which will mirror through the second coat and will show up when it has got wet and drying out. I reckon 4:1 at the most but I would use a 5:1 if plain rendered and a slightly weaker mix up to 6:1 on the top coat.

As Dugspread said, make sure it is washed sand and also get the chemicals and dosages right. Don't put on the second coat on until the first has hardened.

3-1 is recommended over eml or riblathe 3/4/5 -1 it doesn't matter they could all crack there all low lime content mixes you don't want to go past 6-1 topcoat unless you have too it's too soft if you start with a 3-1 you could still be top coating 5-1

5-1 scratch 6-1-1 top coat seems to work pretty good with less cracking just make sure the scratch coats cured before topping most people make the mistake of topping the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.