Replastering outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

As title says a client has asked me to replaster the outside of his 25 year old smooth rendered house which is painted, the paint is secure. I advised to hack off the existing render and scud and scratch coat before dash finish. Basically he doesn't want to hack off the existing render, so any ideas? I'm not aware if there's an exterior primer for this, I'm quite old school in how I was trained, any help appreciated thanks.

As title says a client has asked me to replaster the outside of his 25 year old smooth rendered house which is painted, the paint is secure. I advised to hack off the existing render and scud and scratch coat before dash finish. Basically he doesn't want to hack off the existing render, so any ideas? I'm not aware if there's an exterior primer for this, I'm quite old school in how I was trained, any help appreciated thanks.
Hack off or walk
The only time I gone over paint is at my own house
And it is rubbish

Reactions: Pug
Cheers, was thinking that myself.
Think public say they don't want it hacking off because of the cost...stupid really they want a good job but don't want to pay sometimes,
If you did it over the paint it is then your fault if there was a problem in future which you probably was already thinking and know
Good luck anyway

Stick to your guns Big K,let him do it himself if he's laying down guidelines.No point in the tail wagging the dog.

If it's solid then use Parex Parinter base coat, it's designed for painted surfaces.
Then either a thin coat or mono coat to finish.
Dash would be to heavy going over existing painted render I'd of thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's solid then use Parex Parinter base coat, it's designed for painted surfaces.
Then either a thin coat or mono coat to finish.
Dash would be to heavy going over existing painted render I'd of thought

It would be cheaper to just hack off then buy the above

Which of the above?

Parex Parinterbase thin coat mono. It would be cheaper to hack off then buy the likes of Parex thin coat or mono. Plus working over paint the job is only going to be as strong as the paint. I personally would not do it. And s@c is cheap as chips to buy.

Parex Parinterbase thin coat mono. It would be cheaper to hack off then buy the likes of Parex thin coat or mono. Plus working over paint the job is only going to be as strong as the paint. I personally would not do it. And s@c is cheap as chips to buy.

I'm either not reading it right or your saying hack off then use parinter and top coat?
You don't need hack off and then use parinter?
It's designed for painted surfaces, we usually pin it aswell to give it that extra bit.

With hacking off if the render is solid it can takes ages and can weaken the bricks so our not really gaining anything are you.
Yes sand and cement will always be cheaper but why use ancient products? It's good gear and built to last but so much easier and nice with modern bagged renders.
Done right it beats float coat in my opinion.
I learnt with s&c but have moved onto bagged products and spraying but I know the older heads stick with there ways.

I
ve just finished a hack off and re render and it was a f**k**g pain in the ass
A decent breaker f**k*d,half a dozen broken chisels and 3 more days to take off than priced
Parinter all day long for me

If I was to put on a thin coat of this stuff, brush with a fine floor brush, could I then wet dash onto it?

I

A decent breaker f**k*d,half a dozen broken chisels and 3 more days to take off than priced

I all ways get the client or builder to do the hack off. Or I recommend 2 blokes I know to do it. I'll even put my scaffolding up a week early for the client or my 2 mates to use. I did 4 days hacking of b4. I got caught out on that one. And I said never again.

Looked at one Friday ,all painted brick ,i said i will give you a price for the rendaid /mono ,you get a price for sand blasting it off ,not going to risk my reputation for £4000

I

Win some loose some ,better then doing a whole house over paint then it fails ,weber back in the day said rendaid could go over paint ,funny how they changed it

Status
Not open for further replies.