Replacement paddle for mega-mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olican

Private Member
Afternoon chaps, Have never given any thought to what type of paddle is best for megamixer. Looking for a replacement and wondering which , if any , is preferable mr3 or mr3r? Thoughts please :RpS_biggrin:

Reverse paddle so it sucks the material down other than that can't add much else..

There's certain paddles for cementious mixes

Ive got two megamixers and both have different paddles mate, they both do the same job to be honest, as long as its from the makers , it should be fine whichever one you pick..

http://www.plasterers1stopshop.co.uk/image/cache/data/625_N_14-340x340.jpg

these that P1ss are selling are they a reverse paddle @plasters1stopshop ?

Don't get one of them bud, they look like the same ones from plasterers world way to flimsy will bend and snap in no time, get a refina one not necessarily from refina as there fckin expensive from there I picked up mine from SIG sure it was under £30..

refina ones much much thicker and durable them brass coloured ones are crap mate but aren't a little cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading this has got me thinking, i use the same paddle for everything, should i be using a different one for mixing dash receivers and base coats?

Reading this has got me thinking, i use the same paddle for everything, should i be using a different one for mixing dash receivers and base coats?

I wouldn't be arsed bud personally, but as said certain paddles for certain materials but who could be bothered swopping them really

call refina, tell them what your using it for and they will advice which one you want.. I use the same one for mono, multi, tile adhesive, they all mix material..

@Olican Am looking to invest good paddle mixer - one I have is vitrex - they are ok - so which megamixer would you recommend ? Mm22? From Refina (I give up as most of you guys are refina fan! - no offence with Ryan from P1SS lol ! )

I've always used mm30 , mm22 are well suited for your needs but we're a 2&1 team so need extra grunt. They are great tools

Don't get one of them bud, they look like the same ones from plasterers world way to flimsy will bend and snap in no time, get a refina one not necessarily from refina as there fckin expensive from there I picked up mine from SIG sure it was under £30..

refina ones much much thicker and durable them brass coloured ones are crap mate but aren't a little cheaper

Cheers Ben, I'm probably over thinking it, I've always had the Orange refina paddles, think I'll give the cheaper alternatives a miss. There's some of eBay and Amazon much cheaper but are probably naff

I think my paddle is a collomix one, currently in my Eibenstock. Has been used in other mixers that have died, most have a universal thread.
As said, get a negative twist to pull mix down. :RpS_thumbup:

I put a thread up a while back when I bought a refina 140 neg.....let's just say I was very happy.

Negative paddles draw down so don't add any additional air into the mix...... Supposed to increase working time.....someone once told me.....can't say I've noticed any difference....but using the right paddle will reduce the time it's needed in the bucket so, that'll give you some more working time..

Whatever, the refina 140 neg is the best all rounder in my book, I keep a cheapy paddle from toolstation on my old dewalt for little jobs.

Did I mention I love my refina paddle........:RpS_wub: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.