Renovating 300 Year Old Cottage

I’d advise anyone to get into ewi or Iwi in the next few years. 2 reasons, the main one being heating bills are going to rocket over the next few years, and in the next few years property that is rented will have to reach an epc rating of c, the market will be huge as landlords will have to insulate in some form as well as other measures.

Anyone think the Proofshield is a ok option I was talking about this gear the other day to trowel on and rule is ideal for me but does it warm up the house ok ?and what kind of heat reduction results does it give ?

We've put down a concrete floor...we'll put a dpm down then 50mm of insulation (don't have head height to put more down) then 22mm caber flooring before the finish which I think will be something like 14mm engineered wood.
Think might get into a bit of bother with that you should have really done a lime floor. I would advise to stay well clear of engineered wood now

We've put down a concrete floor...we'll put a dpm down then 50mm of insulation (don't have head height to put more down) then 22mm caber flooring before the finish which I think will be something like 14mm engineered wood.
insulation under flooring can end up with a bouncy/noisy floor. - Talk to Caber first. There are alternative boards on the market where the insulzation is bonded to the panel.

insulation under flooring can end up with a bouncy/noisy floor. - Talk to Caber first. There are alternative boards on the market where the insulzation is bonded to the panel.
Absolutely, I remember working on a place years ago where when you stepped off the bottom tread of the stairs it was like hitting a trampet.

When I did day release at Northampton Tech they had the same in one classroom, used to be a constant reminder, noisy fckng thing.