Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Property built about 3-4 years ago

Thoughts please
IMG_2079.JPG

What's under the render?
Was the wall wet in this photo?
Looking at the fascia board there is a consistent light colored render band beneath it - makes me think the filthy dirty northern rain is hitting the roof then missing the overhang then filtering down the building - on the left building side that is getting the brunt of the rain.

Also, is there any large trees close to the house where the rain first hit it then is blown onto the building...this can cause 'leaf discolouring'
Personally, I would wait for the smarter blokes to reply to your question

I bet they didn't complain when they saved £500 on the tiles, battens, and fascias.
Just no overhang, that kills it

Sorry for late reply been quoting all day and some t**t clipped my van parked up, anyways it's north facing, no trees but is on a corner on a main busy road, wasn't my job to look at, was at another property across road and the guy asked how to sort it , clean and prime sounds good tbh don't know if there is any dudes that set up for cleaning it up round here I'll have a google and see

Cold side, no sun, pollution from the road and no rain hitting it to clean it.

Pressure wash clean, clear nano treatment. It is not losing any heat so the dirty damp air cannot evaporate. Even then it might come back but not as bad.

Common problem on new builds, north and east side. Either dirty or green.

Tbf I'm not an expert on renders by a long way... But I have to say I favour silicone 1.5mm bucket topcoats systems out of all options....

Seem to see soooo many badly affected mono jobs. . I just don't think they suit the climate in this country.

I personally think sand & cement is pants also...

Tbf I'm not an expert on renders by a long way... But I have to say I favour silicone 1.5mm bucket topcoats systems out of all options....

Seem to see soooo many badly affected mono jobs. . I just don't think they suit the climate in this country.

I personally think sand & cement is pants also...
Spar dash ?

Nahhhh think all dashing looks minging tbh...though weathers better than sponged up s&c

I like dashing if it's done well in a nice colour - mono isn't that popular up here and the odd house that is done with it looks very out of place unless its a big detached gaff or new build.

Tbf I just realt don't get why any of these new builds/ 1 off builds etc incorporate cladding & or rendering etc...

Its perishable from the moment its applied....and stone or brickwork is sooooo much better....

The only place IMO for the need to render is to conceal discrepancies in brickwork etc and even then would have to be a last resort for me...

I would 110% never buy a rendered house ever!

Hate mono, yes looks good at the time, but couple of yrs later takes the pride out of your work by how bad it weathers

Also clients think it's a finished job, but if they don't keep it clean it looks horrible , whereas sand cement painted stayes cleaner, and cheaper in the long run. Maybe I'm too fussy should just take money and run lol

I agree about it not being suited to our climate, a nursing home boundary wall got done with mono up the road from me in summer and it was honestly minging dirty within 2 weeks. It's on a busy main road and it's just an eye sore now, no thought process whatsoever. I'd have done the f**k*r with a grey granite chip and let it get as dirty as it wants without sticking out like a sore thumb.