Rendering celcon blocks

Rendergrip the wall, that wall isn’t tied in properly such a bodged for a little job can’t believe my eyes tbh,

Rendergrip the wall, that wall isn’t tied in properly such a bodged for a little job can’t believe my eyes tbh,

the cut out will be braced inside and out with Steel rigid strapping so it will be fine. Wall ties have been used between cavity. Straps have been taking down from the top plate to the blocks so it’s going absolutely nowhere. There was no need to do a fantastic job aesthetically as it’s being rendered. It is all level though. The upvc cladding above the door will have end caps on so the jaggered edge won’t be visible. The old window was removed, blocks removed, door fitted and blocked back up all in one day so I can be excused for a little bit of crude cutting considering the render and end caps will cover all of this anyway.

Evening all,

I have asingle story building with celcon blocks that I need to render. I’m thinking my options are either making a brush on slurry of sbr, sand, cement, water, wait to dry then scratch coat as normal.

Or would galvanised steel mesh be a better option?

or am I well out and someone here has done a few of these and found something that works? Ratios would be great.
Thanks.

ps, the building has had an alteration after completion hence the odd block work to the left of the door. Not looking for comments on this. Thanks again.
What the actual f**k is going on with that block work?

Plenty of suggestions and methods there!
Looks like the block work done in the dark or pissed
Yeh the blockwork is level and plumb so it doesn’t matter how it looks when it’s being rendered.
plenty of suggestions yes. Some people saying just render as usual with a spray down before. Some saying rendagrip. Some saying slurry coat before.
it’s a shame that there’s so many plasterers on here who actually have no idea and would rather pick faults with everything else.

I think I’ll go with the slurry and render as usual. The wall on the photo is only around 4sqm so not a big deal if it goes wrong.

Yeh the blockwork is level and plumb so it doesn’t matter how it looks when it’s being rendered.
plenty of suggestions yes. Some people saying just render as usual with a spray down before. Some saying rendagrip. Some saying slurry coat before.
it’s a shame that there’s so many plasterers on here who actually have no idea and would rather pick faults with everything else.

I think I’ll go with the slurry and render as usual. The wall on the photo is only around 4sqm so not a big deal if it goes wrong.
Only pulling your leg babes! But ya gotta admit if the back ground isn’t in the best of states or done properly it’s all coming down to the person who finishes it, YOU.

Evening all,

I have asingle story building with celcon blocks that I need to render. I’m thinking my options are either making a brush on slurry of sbr, sand, cement, water, wait to dry then scratch coat as normal.

Or would galvanised steel mesh be a better option?

or am I well out and someone here has done a few of these and found something that works? Ratios would be great.
Thanks.

ps, the building has had an alteration after completion hence the odd block work to the left of the door. Not looking for comments on this. Thanks again.
You sure we shouldn't get professionals in love? Na don't worry, how hard can block work, cutting abit of plastic and rendering be?
Well if you're sure...

Only pulling your leg babes! But ya gotta admit if the back ground isn’t in the best of states or done properly it’s all coming down to the person who finishes it, YOU.
I’m happy to finish it....I’m just concerned about suction control and the rendering actually staying on. That’s only reason I asked in the first place if someone had experience and found a way they’d always use.

You sure we shouldn't get professionals in love? Na don't worry, how hard can block work, cutting abit of plastic and rendering be?
Well if you're sure...
The plastic wouldMy have cut right because of how thin it is. The blockwork doesn’t matter as it’s being rendered. The render will be fine as I’ve done it many time’s...just not on celcon blocks. Again, no answer given.

Well you clearly know as much about me as you do block laying or rendering.
Just for the record I've done acres of rendering on to Celcon/Thermalite blocks.
Good luck with it.
Have you? What’s your method then? That was all I asked and it only requires a professional answer. I wasn’t referring to you on that comment.

Well you clearly know as much about me as you do block laying or rendering.
Just for the record I've done acres of rendering on to Celcon/Thermalite blocks.
Good luck with it.

i don’t know if I believe it anyway. If a question was asked on here and you were highly experienced you’d be happy to answer and show off your knowledge. Im going to slurry and dampen down before rendering as usual. This will create a good bond and should control suction.

I’ll upload a photo once it’s done so you board skimming cscs card holders can have a look. Cheers.

Yes use the proper materials next time . If you had used concrete blocks you would not be in this situation . ;)
Proper materials? Celcon blocks can be used externally and even for footings below dpc.
You could give me an answer but I think not people on this forum are very poor plasterers who only skim on new builds or self employed who can’t make it work. out of this whole post I’ve had about 2 decent answers.
I think thats down to nobody here really having an proper experience.

Proper materials? Celcon blocks can be used externally and even for footings below dpc.
You could give me an answer but I think not people on this forum are very poor plasterers who only skim on new builds or self employed who can’t make it work. out of this whole post I’ve had about 2 decent answers.
Park life.....

i don’t know if I believe it anyway. If a question was asked on here and you were highly experienced you’d be happy to answer and show off your knowledge. Im going to slurry and dampen down before rendering as usual. This will create a good bond and should control suction.

I’ll upload a photo once it’s done so you board skimming cscs card holders can have a look. Cheers.
Why would be happy to give away our knowledge for free?.

Why would be happy to give away our knowledge for free?.
That sounds like when you ask a kid a question he doesn’t know so he says why should I tell you. I’ve contributed to this forum plenty of time’s over the last 6 years and never thought I needed paying for it. It was a simple question about what’s the best process.
very surprised by the immaturity.

Is this your job as in built it etc?

That sounds like when you ask a kid a question he doesn’t know so he says why should I tell you. I’ve contributed to this forum plenty of time’s over the last 6 years and never thought I needed paying for it. It was a simple question about what’s the best process.
very surprised by the immaturity.
You got plenty of sensible answers
Then got all touchy over your s*** blockwork