render and set celcon blocks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a job a few months ago on thermalites in sand and cement and was given a spec of 8:1:1 and it was mint, floated the whole job in a couple of days dropped back on it expecting it to suck the life out of the skim and it hung around for ages and there wasnt not even 1 crack in it and i had to go back there a few months after it was all decorated to do the mono on the external.

Stop spending so much time and money trying to kill the suction with all kinds of shite before rendering on Celcons. I absolutely hate rendering externally or floating internally on any background that hasn't got suction, come to that I don't like skimming on backing coats without suction either.

Your the man Andy I agree controlling suctions for pussy's :RpS_thumbup: Where have you been Andy? I thought you were teaching?

Your the man Andy I agree controlling suctions for pussy's :RpS_thumbup: Where have you been Andy? I thought you were teaching?

Hi Bod I did get my first teaching qual. but then decided it wasn't for me. I've spent the last eighteen months buying three houses (mortgaged) and doing them up to rent out, my son now wants to learn the trade so I'm starting up again to show him the ropes before backing out again.
I'm not saying there aren't times to control the suction as there obviously are but I don't understand why so many spreads put so much effort into trying to kill the suction. On internals using S&C on Celcons or similar I've never found the need to spray, hose or PVA the walls.

shut up nick you cun.t.

oh and i see sparks back. hows the new career as a spread going me old china?

ya thats right im back... some of us have walls to plaster no time to be in here talking about it like some.... na serious, being tipping away, work seems to be out there... but im still part time selling the stuff as well (as u love to hear), hoping to go full time at it soon thats when im as fast as you beddy..

See rangers off to a good start ........

Status
Not open for further replies.