Removing old render & re doing

pudpud

Hi

We have a bungalow that when purchased had a mess of render on (something like render), patched up, now cracking in places. Started the rigmarole of getting estimates. Hate this part as you dont know anything about them (though will check work they have done). Its a minefield out there!

Worried that bricks will be damaged once hack off old stuff, so pondering is better to just take off old crack loss stuff or go for it and get all re rendered. Have heard that weber is best?. Dont want to have to paint it.

Would love any feedback/comment from folks.

This is weber chalk on a bungalow

Attachments

• 20170622_151344.jpg
    20170622_151344.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 241
Thank you for replies to my query. I wondered whether I should expect some form of guarantee from tradesman who does work?

Hack off and have a fully meshed hi polymer thin coat system insuring hacked off substrate has a rend aid/ key coat applied prior to system,
Enquire to render manufacturer and ask for the best local approved applicators,
Where's the flag?

Thank you for replies to my query. I wondered whether I should expect some form of guarantee from tradesman who does work?
This is something that irritates the sh1t out of me you should go with your gut that the bloke you employ is the man for the job cus let’s face it a guarantee is not worth the paper it’s written on.
can I ask you a question and I’m being deadly serious here, what car do you drive?

This is something that irritates the sh1t out of me you should go with your gut that the bloke you employ is the man for the job cus let’s face it a guarantee is not worth the paper it’s written on.
can I ask you a question and I’m being deadly serious here, what car do you drive?
My guts stink, ask my missus, all con artists can do the talk - go get references and actually see the work/talk to the householder. But a Guarantee? - Nah,

And yeah - what car?

My guts stink, ask my missus, all con artists can do the talk - go get references and actually see the work/talk to the householder. But a Guarantee? - Nah,

And yeah - what car?
I drive a 20 year old vw t4 should be in with a chance of sealing a deal /whats that smell fckin aful that

Hi

We have a bungalow that when purchased had a mess of render on (something like render), patched up, now cracking in places. Started the rigmarole of getting estimates. Hate this part as you dont know anything about them (though will check work they have done). Its a minefield out there!

Worried that bricks will be damaged once hack off old stuff, so pondering is better to just take off old crack loss stuff or go for it and get all re rendered. Have heard that weber is best?. Dont want to have to paint it.

Would love any feedback/comment from folks.
Rough cast in white cement job for life time if done rhigt any moss on in 10byears power washer like new

Hack off and have a fully meshed hi polymer thin coat system insuring hacked off substrate has a rend aid/ key coat applied prior to system,
This is what I would do

This is what I would do
Get an early nights sleep is what you should do, it’s good for

Get an early nights sleep is what you should do, it’s good for you.
Thanks Mum x

No problem in asking for a guarantee it will be a manufacturers guarantee and will need to be done by an approved contractor so completely by the book, you need to let the contractor know and tell them just in case they cut corners, some render suppliers will only honour it if you contact them before the work starts I’m not sure if they need to inspect it at intervals or just have it in writing but some warranties won’t stand unless the customer contact the render supplier and let’s them know before the job starts