Reinforcing mesh in skim.

Staff online

Members online

Morning all, I’m just a house builder looking for some knowledge so I can talk to any plasterers looking to work on the house I’m currently building without either sounding like a cock or getting a poor job done.
All the work I need doing is skimming over new boards, no due to a cock up on my behalf. Hands up I’m guilty.
I have some areas of boarding that I’m not 100% happy with, now looking at some of the pictures you guys put up my boarding looks amazing, but I’m still not happy and need to move forward.
I like the idea of the reinforcement mesh added into the skim coat so have a few questions.

1. What sort of overlap do you put between the sheets of mesh ??
2. What do you do in the corners, do you use normal orange tape scrim in the corners and then a small lap on to this with the mesh.
I would think trying to take the mesh around corners would be a non starter.
Hope that makes sense, piss taking welcome I have broad shoulders.
If anybody needs any pointers on building house for themselves shout out, I’ve done a few.
Cheers russ.

Morning all, I’m just a house builder looking for some knowledge so I can talk to any plasterers looking to work on the house I’m currently building without either sounding like a cock or getting a poor job done.
All the work I need doing is skimming over new boards, no due to a cock up on my behalf. Hands up I’m guilty.
I have some areas of boarding that I’m not 100% happy with, now looking at some of the pictures you guys put up my boarding looks amazing, but I’m still not happy and need to move forward.
I like the idea of the reinforcement mesh added into the skim coat so have a few questions.

1. What sort of overlap do you put between the sheets of mesh ??
2. What do you do in the corners, do you use normal orange tape scrim in the corners and then a small lap on to this with the mesh.
I would think trying to take the mesh around corners would be a non starter.
Hope that makes sense, piss taking welcome I have broad shoulders.
If anybody needs any pointers on building house for themselves shout out, I’ve done a few.
Cheers russ.
Remove the boards you f**k*d up and replace them, meshing new boards is a joke and you already sound like a cock.

POPCORN!!!.gif

Sounds like one big cock up...got an image of you holding the mesh up with bonding all over your face :risas: