Real plasterers tradesman

Members online

theclemo

Private Member
Who on here is a real tradesman. That can do internal and external.

Not just skimming.

Be interesting to see how meny tradesman is actually on the forum.

Not having a go at anyone that can just skim if they can make a living out of it fair play.

But skimming don't make u a tradesman.

Not just skimming.

Not having a go at anyone that can just skim if they can make a living out of it fair play.

Me. Left school at 14 went to work for my dads company was passed around 15 plasterers ish for about 4 years. no college no gcse's thick as fcuk

Not just skimming.

I can't even set (skim)

Not just skimming.

Me.
25 years started on nursing homes rough and skim (float and set).
Do externals and internals. Unless you know how to prepare and finish all surfaces inside and out then you cant be classed as a plasterer...and real plasterers will view you as a lesser mortal....inferior if you like. :LOL:

hes only a poor little plasterer.
clothes all tatty and torn.
he mixes with a stick
covers the brick.
hes only a poor little plasterer.

i skim
float set
tack
dab
little screed
sand.cement
mono
ewi

Plastering for forty years. Yes I do ache.
Remember when 3/8th was the norm, even on ceilings. Plunging the skimming.
Having a bonfire to thaw the hosepipe.
Worst plaster used Welterweight Bonding. Anyone remember that, It was messy.
Everyone in the pub friday dinner.

Not just skimming.

I can render, skim float and set... did a few floor screeds never done fibrous though :-(

I have been too long out of it now that it would take me a fair while to get back in the swing of it I think

Me..... I guess. Float, set, outside renders, "some" pargetting, screed, dot and dab, hate artex but capable, fit but not make fibrous, tiling....... and now I'm part time college for plumbing. I try not to take on screeding and outside renders now as it's only me and I'm getting too old to mix up and chuck it around and I can't be arsed with labourers at the moment (though lovely when I do)........ tbh I just wish I was REALLY really good at just skimming as I would be alot better off.

Yes I do the the lot, however I choose not to do rendering these days, that said I do have a rendering job in a couple of weeks but that's only because I wanted the internal work so couldn't not do the rendering on it.

for me I just like internal work, I also get involved with damp work, and soundproofing.

There is much to do inside and it pays well, obviously I only speak for myself on that front

never done coving or fibrous only in school.
havent been outside in about 6 years.
i wont tack dab on price (not quick enough on site s**t rates).
only small areas of screed.
i turn down sites in the north west on floating again because of s**t prices.
was bought into trade float n set. hardwall /sand cement.
but i hate the lot of it.

boarded my own house ceilings alone :mad:
dabbed kitchen
sand cement most of bedrooms.
damped downstairs
skimmed the lot
gonna render back of house when i find the energy and time !!

skimming on site is where i find a regular wage.
(y)

Do u class yourself as a real plasterer?im in the north of ireland here,I'd say we r the real deal,I wouldn't class a man that sticks plaster board on walls and skims them a plasterer,but if u can make good money at it good luck to u I say,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do the the lot, however I choose not to do rendering these days, that said I do have a rendering job in a couple of weeks but that's only because I wanted the internal work so couldn't not do the rendering on it.

for me I just like internal work, I also get involved with damp work, and soundproofing.

There is much to do inside and it pays well, obviously I only speak for myself on that front

i cant afford to be rained off .....to many demanding girls in my castle......+ they would drive me insane !!!!

Do u class yourself as a real plasterer?im in the north of ireland here,I'd say we r the real deal,I wouldn't class a man that sticks plaster board on walls and skims them a plasterer,but if u can make good money at it good luck to u I say,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know lads on site who board dab n skim that wouldnt know how to start a mixer.
but think there the b*ll***s on £130 a day !!!

No just having a s**t. She made me paint the f**k**g bed room. Trying to get my mate on the phone he's a painter. c**t won't answer because he knows I want him to do it.

No just having a s**t. She made me paint the f**k**g bed room. Trying to get my mate on the phone he's a painter. c**t won't answer because he knows I want him to do it.
You're such a multiturder:D:D:D
I come and spray the whole house in 3 days :musculoso::lol:

20170913_104832.jpg

Not just skimming.

In the modern world, if you do render, screed, boarding, floating and skimming you're a multi-trader. :LOL:

Tack
Stick
Partition
Mf
Skim
Float n set
Render
Joint (very rarely now)
No fibrous
And get someone else to do my screeding.
All learnt on site over the last 33 years.
Backs f#cked but good enough for domestics.

Yeah sorts the men from the boys rendering in this weather, No problems here though today got to the job early, floated , key then gone :coffe:the Irish way

IMG_9822.JPG

me !!! i doing more screeding these days as many around my way cant, just a bunch of skimmers down here.
i was lucky to learn the hard way -hod was the size of a wendy house, bath made of tin , old bags of browning that were gigantic !!
starting diesel mixers and running away because the handle kicked a dream !!!
if you know then you know:sorprendido3:

Just been thinking it's not very manly if you suppose to be rendering but stayed in bed because it's cold and wet

Float, skim, rub up, bands, bases, mono scratch render, acrylic thin coat stuff, tiny bit of ewi, but done the lac, mesh, and weber top coat a fair bit. dashing, no moulds, haven't really screeded, only wee bits and pieces, no real wish to do more of it tbh, and don't really board, have done, but thankfully don't. Don't want to. Lol

Not just skimming.

I skim, i screed, i float. dont get me wrong, im by no means a pro that could throw on big gables and have it looking perfect. All my hits, i keep it manageable for me. Tbh thou,even thou ive did some dashing, its not something i would tackle on my own. As long as i cover my wages, clients are happy then im happy. And as ive mentioned few times on here before, i also do bathroom refits, stone walls and concrete footpaths/footings. I also renovate small cottages, build garages, build small extentions. Basicly an old skool irish small builder that can turn his hands to most things. I even hang doors, install kitchens when ive nothing else on. And i would have a good rep at that. Ive yet to have f**k*d up a job and had people come looking me. YEs sometimes mistakes get made like anything in life but they are rectified quick.