Real plasterers tradesman

Members online

I don't think the modern finishes r for this part of the world,any mono type finish I have seen doesn't look to well after a short space of time,hard to beat the dry dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree, all the modern type renders are not up to our climate, yet sold as maintenance free ??????
although i remember when artex looked good :endesacuerdo:

The prices I hear men r getting for doing it is unreal at the minute,nearly make me think about buying a pump,maintenance free is some selling point for it,no one wants to paint a new house,

The prices I hear men r getting for doing it is unreal at the minute,nearly make me think about buying a pump,maintenance free is some selling point for it,no one wants to paint a new house,

or pressure wash the algae a year down the line !!!!!!!!

I don't think the modern finishes r for this part of the world,any mono type finish I have seen doesn't look to well after a short space of time,hard to beat the dry dash

They all hold the dirt , by the time the scaffolding is down the render is already filthy.

yeah lots of nursing homes around my way have been rendered with modern stuff- it looks shocking after a few years, tbh its hard to defend it, i am all for evolution and that, but the wheel is already round ??????

mate, they gotta do what they do to put bread on the table !!!
like artexers of the old days- guilty of crimes against fashion and practicality !!!

IMG_20170521_160658_969.jpg
Ocr

OCR pees all over S/C in my opinion.
I'm never using s/c again.
You can charge same price for half the work!

I was going to use s&c in a few weeks, I may be tempted to give ocr a go

f**k your ocr and sand cement im gonna finish off this vodka...
drive to bolton skim the rest of the ground floor and hope the engine managment light that came on this morning has got the same idea xx

I'm not a proper plasterer, mainly just skim, but I've learnt a lot from you guys. I try hard and my confidence has improved to the point where my next job is a 22m2 lid. Not massive, but a step up for me! I can board, dab, fit coving, skim, float a bit. Not done any rendering yet. Just wanted to say thanks...bit wanky I know...but thanks!!

I'm not a proper plasterer, mainly just skim, but I've learnt a lot from you guys. I try hard and my confidence has improved to the point where my next job is a 22m2 lid. Not massive, but a step up for me! I can board, dab, fit coving, skim, float a bit. Not done any rendering yet. Just wanted to say thanks...bit wanky I know...but thanks!!
Your doing a days work for a few pound same as the rest of us.The only limits are the ones you set yourself.

Inside outside ive learned and done it all i think over the years to make a tidy living, couldnt get by just being a semi pro skimmer ! :whistle:
Even built the buildings ive plastered sometimes :tanguero:

Inside outside ive learned and done it all i think over the years to make a tidy living, couldnt get by just being a semi pro skimmer ! :whistle:
Even built the buildings ive plastered sometimes :tanguero:

argghhhh so sweet xx
your mum must be so proud.